Airtel Broadband is now offering 40mbps plans in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter bintop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 176
  • Views Views 51,351
I never asked for modem upgrade. Just asked what is max speed feasible in my exchange. He said 16 & i asked to upgrade me.
He said a modem change would take place never told about cost & was never even billed for it.

yes as igloo said that is the best way. I applied for disconnection as I felt hathway as backup is cheaper than Airtel. Retention team asked the reason and i said that since 2-3 years stuck with 8mbps. Post that they notified that max speed available in your area is 16mbps and also offered me additional 100gb per month. So got upgraded to VDSL (16mbps only though) and now receiving 190gb for Rs 900

what about trying 1099rs plan. You probably get 40mbps dl and 5mb to 15mb upload.
5d4f3e0a31.png

Airtel 1000GB bonus data is valid till 31mar 2018. So i opted airtel bb from 1 aug then how much bonus data will i get every month till 31mar?
There are 8 months left before validity date so does it mean i am going to get 1000/8= 125GB bonus data every month?

@raman07 They gave some D-Link router (was very bulky). However, as people have mentioned in this forum, i started to face link drops as soon as I got upgraded to VDSL. The guys kept saying must be issue in the line etc and we will replace your lines. However, I knew when my lines were fine for ADSL, then how come suddenly they have developed issues. Luckily I had Huawei VDSL modem, so i replaced D link router with that and boom all link drop issues went away.

Range of D Link router is much better than Huawei though.

@raman07, No, it will not work like the way you are thinking. If you have a balance of 1000 GB, then Airtel boardband permits you to use that data for the entire 8 months as per your requirement. You can use it on the first month itself, with 3 months or extend upto 8 months. There is no boundation as per the monthly limit.