Airtel Broadband is now offering 40mbps plans in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter bintop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 176
  • Views Views 51,372
Still no VDSL in my area.

When I asked for it in Nov 2016, they said it was available. I gave the go ahead. After the technician checked, they said only 16 Mbps was available. They said that they would upgrade the speed VERY SOON. I declined.

When I asked for it again in Jan 2017, they said 16 Mbps was available. ACT's cables snapped because of the cyclone. I agreed. They collected the docs etc.Then they said no ports were available.

I thought I'd try again in May.

Registered on the airtel website on a Sunday evening. Received a call on Monday morning and was confidently assured, twice, that 100 Mbps was available in my area. I thought about the 40 Mbps 999 plan.
I agreed and I was told that the technician would check feasibility and then collect the documents and the money. However, I received a call that evening and was informed that only 16 Mbps was available. I was asked if I wanted to proceed. They said that they would upgrade the speeds in 3 months. I declined.

^Same story here as of today

Right, they started offering me way back in October beginning, so thats 7-8 months.

They offered me VDSL modem(500 INR) + 1 mbps after FUP...i denied it. Asked the modem for free..they said NO😛

Offtopic - Any old Airtel customers here got the VDSL modem for free?

My cousin who has been with airtel for over 17 years too got her modem for free, she did have to insist that she will not pay for it and stuck with her stance, finally airtel relented. Though from that phone call to going live with V-fiber took over a month as airtel kept saying they are out of modems. They did give her a new D-Link modem.

Me too. I got the Huawei modem for free. I did pay for it initially but they refunded it since they couldn't deliver VDSL before promised date and offered a retention plan for the trouble.

They finally agreed to give the modem free of cost😉. I'll be losing 15 GB smartbytes. That's ok. My usage doesn't crossed 120 GB recently.
They are offering me Huawei modem(thats what the executive told me). If not which brand i should go for. I strictly told them NO to beetel modem. Howz D-Link?

was not successful with an uncle's connection. did not resort to requesting to disconnect the connection as uncle did not want to go there. his connection was stuck on 2mbps and airtel was not accepting requests to boost speeds on adsl line itself. so had to request for migration to vdsl with modem change for Rs. 500 with plan change to Rs. 899. he was stuck on one of the older plans that was available last year. was paying 799 plus taxes for 17GB. but 2mbps was just horrible.

Atlast they gave me FREE of cost VDSL WiFi modem to me. The executive told me it will take minimum 10 days to give the modem. But they gave me the D-Link modem within 24 hrs.
I was satisfied with 16 mbps but my old Beetel modem is dying slowly.
I'm now really excited to see the upload speed only:winkytongue:
40_mbps.jpg

I guess I would wait for them to call me to upgrade. Otherwise I would have to fight to get free router. Maybe in 4 months when my six months discount offer would be over.