Should i switch to this plan?

ISP
BSNL
Hello everyone, It's been about a month or two since i got the BSNL Broadband and my speed and everything is working amazing. (Getting about 7-8 Mbps)

But now I'm thinking about switching to another plan and i wanted to know your opinion if it's the right thing to do or not.

Current plan: BBG Speed Combo ULD 2841 ( 8 Mbps)
Plan i want to change to: BBG ULD 2645 (16 Mbps)

Will there be any problem or downgrading of speed if i switch to this plan? Since BSNL charges more money with the 8 mbps plan (Probably due to Landline cause it's a combo)

Do reply soon if any of you is using similar plan. 🙂

If I understand correctly, you will need a VDSL modem for speed above 8 Mbps. Also, I do not know how good an ADSL ( especially BSNL ) connection will handle 16 Mbps.

BSNL can't even handle 8mbps properly, their lines are ok only upto 4mbps

I have had BSNL for a month now and I have found that the quite easily meet 8 mbps most of the time. I think you need to have a chat with the person responsible for complaint resolution at your local exchange..

UCPZee, please check with your local exchange if this will be feasible. ADSL2+ standard does allow up to 24mbps, but BSNL may not be able to guarantee this due to various problems. I was told at my exchange that they will not provide more than 8mbps over copper line ADSL. They were willing to provide VDSL as mentioned by meetdilip for 16mbps.