What is Nitish Trading House ISP doing in BSNL ?

• Thread starter Thread starter karteek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,275
  • Tags Tags
    bsnl
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

When I tried to view my ip through speedtest or any other online website, I see that my ISP is some "Nitish Trading House".

Few months back it used to show me as only BSNL. Why is this ? Is this legitimate ? Is BSNL using private providers ?

Please enlighten how this works & has BSNL done any changes like outsourcing ?

Thanks !

Now the ISP is "Star India Services" - ip is 45.119.XX.XXX What is this ip range ?

Mostly, they might be talking about the one who is hosting the server you used to check the speed.

OK my question Is BSNL using private ISP providers ? Is this legitimate ? I have been surfing net from that ISP since 3 hours.

Yes that's correct that is my concern. Today I noticed that my surfing traffic was served from 2 different ip addresses - 103.208.XXX.XXX && 45.119.XXX.XXX. Why is this so ?

BSNL is facing a huge IPv4 address shortage so I figure they are taking back IPs they had previously given to many enterprise networks. You can have a look at http://bgp.he.net/AS9829 to see the IPs used by BSNL.

BSNL should change the WHOIS records of these IPs so that customers aren't misled.

That makes sense. One has to wonder if they are going to switch to NAT in the near future. Or when would they be required to migrate to IPv6 as per the DoT guidelines.

Thanks for the replies. vedantlath can you confirm that the above mentioned 103 & 45 ip range belongs to BSNL ? Also my major concern is I am supposed to get 1 MBPS instead I am getting 512 kbps from this ip range. Please advice.