Airtel Broadband Latest Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter ultra vires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,090
ISP
MTNL 749NU
good news is that price cut is comin sooon.bad news is that they r doin port mappin from now on for evry airtel user 😱

Where did you see/hear this ?..and what are the implications of this port-mapping ?

Well as for the info lets just say that i have a source 😉 adn srry it aint port mappin its port bindin

port binding....... which is?Also any news of an unlimited 256 (or more 🙂) kbps connection?

Originally posted by ultra vires@Jun 29 2005, 01:19 AM
Well as for the info lets just say that i have a source 😉

adn srry it aint port mappin its port bindin

Originally posted by ultra vires@Jun 29 2005, 01:19 AM
Well as for the info lets just say that i have a source 😉

adn srry it aint port mappin its port bindin

omg what do u guys make out of it.they r givin u global ips only and not private 😛port binfin means that they will redirect certain ports. they r doin for security of no0bs usin internet

Originally posted by ultra vires@Jun 29 2005, 01:59 PM
omg what do u guys make out of it.
they r givin u global ips only and not private 😛
port binfin means that they will redirect certain ports. they r doin for security of no0bs usin internet
[snapback]14113[/snapback]
[/quote]

Fair enough...but u did say you had bad news 😛, if they are improving security for n00bs, why do you consider that bad news ?

I just took it to the logical conclusion (given how little i had to go on) and was hoping you would prove me wrong.

But you are not sure whether its better to wait for this impending price cut than go in for a 128k unlimited now ?

@ sushubh for USB modems yesfor lan modem u can use angads method 😛@ blr_p i really dun hav ideo how soon this is gonna be , maybe tomm maybe next week or 2 weeks , u can opt for whatevr plan u want , they will reduce the charges even after u hav subscibed that plan . u can confirm that frm there helpline 🙂security for noobs but problem with settin up my FTP servr fro passive users 🙁

But you can select the ports you want to use for passive connections. So choose the ports which aren't redirected.

Hmmm... there seems to be a new plan for Delhi... but it's a little cryptic.... says it gives 800 voice+dsl pulses for Rs. 799 @ 256kbps, but then quotes the Rs. per extra pulse price for Voice and Internet, and then says "NA" under DSL..... does Internet here mean dial-up, and thus there is no charge to use DSL beyond the Rs. 800, i.e. is it unlimited?