BSNL Broadband is now offering 1mbps as minimum post FUP speeds

Source sir?

As far as I know, they are only increasing the FUP limits marginally and withdrawing a couple of plans. There is no news regarding raising the minimum post fup speed.

This blog posted two articles related to BSNL.

First article (posted on 22 July) says that BSNL is upgrading the plan BBG Combo ULD 2799 from 4Mbps upto 30 GB/2Mbps beyond 30 GB to 4Mbps upto 40GB/2Mbps beyond 40GB.

And yesterday they posted the above article saying that this same plan is getting upgraded to 4Mbps upto 80GB/2Mbps beyond 80GB.

Difficult to digest. lol

They already shat in their pants hearing about the Jio launch. If Jio can deliver the same reliability of wireline, Bsnl will see a mass exodus of subscribers.
Most of their cables cannot sustain even 4 MBps consistently.
According to the Jio performance thread, speed is pretty good without disconnection. I am waiting for the plans after that I will switch.

Still JIO has lot of flaws in their network many people complaint about speed drop and throttling. Given that JIO has very less user-base at present. These flaws will be exploited more and more the moment it will be launched commercially. It will gain lot of customers after commercial launch there is no doubt about that. BSNL/BBNL is laying down OFC in the villages to connect Gram Panchayats via these cable so I am hopeful that they will do similar things in cities too. If they do we may get rid of these ADSL based lines and get better speed too.

There's no hope for BSNL ,unless they sack uncles and aunties sitting on the management throne..
Any service governed by our government is always useless IMO.
The only reason people are sticking with BSNL is because they have no other option,so anything comes up,even if it's as shitty as BSNL is,people might make a switch,at least I would

so it's happening?

5mBE2MiMVFITS.gif

Even if the minimum speed goes to 10 MBps, who wants an unreliable connection?
Every month I have to phone the JE 5 times for frequent disconnection. He blames the line quality, so it goes back and forth between the Internet dept and the phone dept with me in the middle.

Well said volcano........ the only people who are still with Bsnl have no other choice.