BSNL Internet Connect Card

• Thread starter Thread starter pmadhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 117,944
I believe rock_daring is in UP, where evdo has been launched. He had posted an image of the evdo connected screen which showed around 1850 kbps. Since the backbone for both this and Broadband is NIC, I think the above data will more or less be comparable to a the 2 Mbps plan on landline.

But yes, he's fortunate, EVDO has been launched in his place, while are eagerly awaiting the launch of it here in Bangalore.
Hi!
I am a big fan of descriptive and punctuated forums that are informative. UP is a state and it too is not 100% covered by BSNL neither in GSM nor in CDMA, that is why I asked the city, although it has to be a big city as EVDO makes more sense to be launched in a city rather than rural areas (that is really screwed up as we end up denying the rural residents the internet’s potential).
I am interested in the details as they define the connection, the roundtrip time (telling how good the implementation is), the quality of connection (number of dropped packets), etc.
We Indians make the websites and IT departments of the world work but for our own needs compromise.
This thread is mostly made of “it is mot herm not there”, but IMHO it should be made of clear cut things such as city, state, coverage, signal strength, etc. Means we should be more focused on the way it is implemented, where exactly it is implemented, etc.
I am not critical of you, just that I it is trying to be sifting thru all the nonsense posts that really clutter and disfigure the outcome.
It is better to call the BSNL national hotline +91-94-000-24-365. Unfortunately from New York I cannot call them for a very low rate else I will post then information I get from them here.
Here are a few posts that I have written about, please evaluate them and write likewise, if possible.

I am a user of EVDO in kochin and i am quite satisfied with it, though the speed is not sonsistent it varies. here's the speed test.

https://www.speedtest.net

I am a user of EVDO in kochin and i am quite satisfied with it, though the speed is not sonsistent it varies. here's the speed test.

Thanks!
I really like the download ability, the ping rate is really high.
Could you run any VoIP application on it successfully? I mean is it even feasible , even on the USA networks the VoIP is not that feasible as the card can talk to multiple base stations the same time thus dividing the packets that don't arrive at the same time, thus leading to the jitter.

Best regards,
R Randhawa.

Hi!
I am a big fan of descriptive and punctuated forums that are informative. UP is a state and it too is not 100% covered by BSNL neither in GSM nor in CDMA, that is why I asked the city, although it has to be a big city as EVDO makes more sense to be launched in a city rather than rural areas (that is really screwed up as we end up denying the rural residents the internet’s potential).
I am interested in the details as they define the connection, the roundtrip time (telling how good the implementation is), the quality of connection (number of dropped packets), etc.
We Indians make the websites and IT departments of the world work but for our own needs compromise.
This thread is mostly made of “it is mot herm not there”, but IMHO it should be made of clear cut things such as city, state, coverage, signal strength, etc. Means we should be more focused on the way it is implemented, where exactly it is implemented, etc.
I am not critical of you, just that I it is trying to be sifting thru all the nonsense posts that really clutter and disfigure the outcome.
It is better to call the BSNL national hotline +91-94-000-24-365. Unfortunately from New York I cannot call them for a very low rate else I will post then information I get from them here.
Here are a few posts that I have written about, please evaluate them and write likewise, if possible.

No offence again, but what's nonsense for some may be meaningful for others, it's all contextual. Your expectations are little different. Those reviews of yours are excellent. But this forum is not primarily a review forum, but for sharing, problem solving and helping each other with whatever little information we can provide and answer where we can.

Also, for an effective review, we need to have the fully functional product accessible for a few more people than it is currently.

And, btw, while I understand and appreciate the reason behind your requests, we tend to be rooted in the reality here. You can start a separate thread on 'calling BSNL National Hotline' and getting a query answered about an issue in a remote corner of Bangalore. Looks like you think it'll be answered most often. But let us tell you that's going to be 4 or 5 redirections and still there may not be a concrete answer. This is where we stand TODAY.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I'm a passionate BSNL user for over the last 16 years and have seen them through a lot. The BSNL today is far more responsive and agile than it has ever been in the past. Just that change takes time, and we are not just ok with it, but make sure lot of this feedback in various threads here reach responsive officers in BSNL.

BTW, you can also look at the following for info. Again, if they don't give the information you seek, don't trash them as non-sense. It has been of good use to a lot of people and we value the effort they have put in.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Home Page

BSNL EVDO - Unofficial Website

I havent tried the Voip. But I was told it works with evdo. As of now only few sites are evdo enabled so no problem. I too forsee a problem if they enble EVDo on all their BTSs

Has anyone in Chennai got this card? I tried few customer service centers in Chennai, and they are not even aware of it.

No offence again, but what's nonsense for some may be meaningful for others, it's all contextual. Your expectations are little different. Those reviews of yours are excellent. But this forum is not primarily a review forum, but for sharing, problem solving and helping each other with whatever little information we can provide and answer where we can.

Also, for an effective review, we need to have the fully functional product accessible for a few more people than it is currently.

And, btw, while I understand and appreciate the reason behind your requests, we tend to be rooted in the reality here. You can start a separate thread on 'calling BSNL National Hotline' and getting a query answered about an issue in a remote corner of Bangalore. Looks like you think it'll be answered most often. But let us tell you that's going to be 4 or 5 redirections and still there may not be a concrete answer. This is where we stand TODAY.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I'm a passionate BSNL user for over the last 16 years and have seen them through a lot. The BSNL today is far more responsive and agile than it has ever been in the past. Just that change takes time, and we are not just ok with it, but make sure lot of this feedback in various threads here reach responsive officers in BSNL.

BTW, you can also look at the following for info. Again, if they don't give the information you seek, don't trash them as non-sense. It has been of good use to a lot of people and we value the effort they have put in.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Home Page

BSNL EVDO - Unofficial Website
Hi!
This reply of yours is something I expected. I mean the clearly demarcated phrases and your point. I did not want you to exactly evaluate the reviews posted as examples; they were there to put forward a point, that a vague question really puts bends in the thread, although without that threads sometimes die.

The thing about the BSNL CDMA card is intriguing to me is that all ask "is it available in my city". That answer only is known to BSNL or buying the card and trying out yourself.

As for my loyalty to BSNL. I have a postpaid connection of CellOne that I have alive even though I live in New York, paying INR 300 for it for the last 3 years since I got the connection in 2005. Same GSM number, as it works across India. I just wanted to agument the CDMA/EvDO card to it, thus my expressed need to know about it.

As for the question “does it work in Chandigarh”; I am very sure the CDMA 1x works there, and the EvDO is either there or will eventually show up, so I did not post it that question, and would have rather called the local BSNL office.

I visit a friend a lot in a village called Kakkeypur near Meerut/Sardhana, UP (West). There only BSNL works. So for me being connected is vital as I trade Forex and Equities as a side business. You might get the idea, why I need to know about the “implementation” of this particular technology and my interest in this thread.

The non-sense thing was I guess taken in the harsher sense than I wanted to put forth. I take that back.

I visited those 2 site you quoted. They are informative to my quest. Thanks for posting them.
Best regards,
Randy.

Guys suppose if I buy Data card from other shops rather than directly from BSNL, will it work ? I searched and searched and finally found one:

V-Data Card(Huawei) For Laptops( Wireless Internet Access)

He has listed it as 1950 instead of 4500.

I think same must be true for usb modem i.e ZTE MG478 and AC8700 ( Could some using EVDO 7500 usb device pls give me it's exact model no. )

ZTEMT-Products & Solutions

But it's hard to find them and I am also not getting it's exact international price. Just wanted to know how much margin BSNL is making.

In my opinion, if BSNL aint' doing any modification to these devices then they can be purchased separately to lower the cost by a wide margin.

AC 8710 is better and best available than the BSNL offering. But dunno whether it will work or not. I think it should work because ZTE solutions sells it separately as a wireless internet connectivity device.

PS: AC8710 supports EV-DO Rev.A - 3.1Mbps where AC8700 supports only EV-DO Rel.0 - 2.4Mbps

BSNL has put this on the the EVDO Page:

" *Above Tariff is for internet speed up to 144 kbps. (Tariff for CDMA EVDO card for speed up to 2.4 mbps will be intimated later, after installation of CDMA EVDO system). "

Now, i am confused again🙁. How much are EVDO users paying per month?

BSNL has put this on the the EVDO Page:

" *Above Tariff is for internet speed up to 144 kbps. (Tariff for CDMA EVDO card for speed up to 2.4 mbps will be intimated later, after installation of CDMA EVDO system). "

Now, i am confused again🙁. How much are EVDO users paying per month?

From the 16th Jan post by rock_daring, who is on evdo "All that at a cost of 700+ taxes per month (for unlimited)"

From the 16th Jan post by rock_daring, who is on evdo "All that at a cost of 700+ taxes per month (for unlimited)"

Hey pmadhan,

How much you have spent on the connection, and montly bill's so far? Is evdo launched in bang?

Hey pmadhan,

How much you have spent on the connection, and montly bill's so far? Is evdo launched in bang?

- 1500 for Deposite.
- 1100 towards rent upto Jan 31 in a single bill for approx 2.5 months of use. Note, that we pay the rent in advance for the month.

@vishnunukDont spam.:wall::wall:wasting the time.@adminplease take necessary action