Massive data consumption on Airtel Broadband recorded for many users this weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter Karan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 15,055
Same here. I got my full 200GB back a day or two ago, and the speed is back to my subscribed 8Mbps. Just got a call from someone from the cyber-backend division (or something like that), and they were apologetic about it, and explained that they have wiped all the data for this billing cycle.

As much as we complain on this forum, I think we should also give credit where it's due - Airtel has taken fairly swift corrective action, and giving the full data back for the billing cycle is a considerate thing to do. I am pretty happy with the outcome.

@vebk, you are right, this is exactly the reason why people like us persist with Airtel even though their plans are pricey. But they also wouldn't want to let issues like this blow up big, because it will create suspicion and calls for transparency into their methods, which will hurt them a lot more.

i dumped airtel few years ago because they refused to give me back around 3-4GB of data that they did not calculate correctly. sadly, i am now back on airtel as my backup connection largely because of ad injection on bsnl and the new rapid plans are not bad considering airtel.

Not to forget, broadbandforum.co played a major role in making Airtel come and read the post from various users from different locations are affected 🙂

Thanks Sushubh for keeping the forum up and up always.

but they stopped giving canned reply, once your forums was linked to support request.

for you its ghar ki murgi, saag barabar, but it works little bit.

update: this month Airtel app is not calculating any data used.

my account says 100% available
hope it stays like this forever [emoji4]

Maybe it's 4G's turn now... just got an SMS and email that 100% quota used up for my 4G but I have at least many GBs remaining... CPE device lights show connection is "up" but webpages not opening.

Anyone else?

I've been using Airtel broadband for the past 5 months. I have the 40GB@16Mbps plan. Everything was fine for the first 3 months, but just since the middle of last month, the data usage shown on airtel's website is ridiculously high. My internet usage is actually pretty low and I normally have data left over at the end of the month. But now the data is getting consumed in less than 15 days. There are just 2 members using this internet. I installed data usage monitoring software on all devices in my house. I checked and it showed that I wasn't delusional. Airtel is claiming that I have consumed twice as much data as I have actually used (based on the data usage monitoring softwares). I contacted them about this, but they are simply saying that their website is correct. I'm really sick of these thieves. I live in North Delhi and there is a dearth of decent ISPs in my area. It's really frustrating. I don't want to continue to pay steeply every month to these thieves/fraudsters, but I'm not sure what other ISP is good and will provide their service in my area. Airtel sucks balls.

Now this problem is again surfacing up. I am facing this problem. 80gb FUP with 40 mbps. Now I havr 5 gb remaining. Any solution for this people?