Massive data consumption on Airtel Broadband recorded for many users this weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter Karan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 15,056
Now I am sure, they know the issue, and are deliberately becoming unaware, and by the time you draw more attention
your billing cycle would change.

I doubt anything less than a termination request is going to get back anyone's lost data.

Reactions: Sai
So how many users in IBF itself are affected. Maybe @Ouch can put up a link on homepage & users can raise individual complaints & complaint numbers consolidated at that page & sent to Airtel .. Maybe even Nodal or Appellate to highlight the glitch?

Hmmm, I'm on their 4G data plan (not mobile but home wifi CPE device for data-only) and I also got an unexpectedly early "100% used" email and SMS yesterday around 2 PM when I know I had at least around 2 GB remaining out of my quota.

My speed got cut off for a short while but then recovered after some time.

Logging in to my account portal shows nearly 4 GB remaining there, so yeah, something clearly is screwed up with their metering system.

modem switched off at 00:21. so no such entry recorded

jDb7qFH.png

Quick update on the situation, airtel presence called in today and requested further details, twitter did the trick. I pointed them to the email with the screenshot of the usage glitch I had sent them 3 days ago. They are checking further on the matter and will let me know. Atleast they didn't just brush it off like 121 did as being "normal" usage.

Well I don't know about Airtel Presence - when I recently had an outage (lasted more than 10 days!!!) and I was pinging them on twitter - they would just reply with the same thing you got - "We are checking and will let you know soon". They just repeated the same thing without giving any updates/details - until it eventually got fixed - again - AFTER more than 10 days 🙂

Hi All, could you private message me screenshots of the glitch (would need your account no. or some identifier as well). I intend to take this up with their nodal and appellate authorities, because it's just jackasses sitting at the bottom rung whom they give no power and probably poor training. The more proof I have the more seriously they ~should~ take it.

To me, massive data consumption is normal, whether you had 15GB, or 25GB plan, it finish by itself within 10-15days. And there after I have to swim on speed of 512Kb/s rest of my life. Therefore I cancelled all high Data, and stayed on lowest 5GB.

Airtel will never show/tell you the every details where your 15GB data consumed on every single minutes. I fought for this for more than 4 years now. " I would like to see/know where my 15GB were gone, you took my money, I need to know where my money were gone, else you are a robber if you cannot tell me". Example; you are browsing facebook using google-chrome from 10:24pm till 11:12pm (only facebook), call them and ask them how much data you consumed. They may tell you for a single time, but will not able to show you for 24hrs usage in a detail way.

So finally got access to my data usage, and sure enough 17th morning between 01:16:26am and 02:00:54am we have supposedly consumed 57.88GB in downloaded data and 9.25GB data in uploaded data in the span of 44 minutes and 18 seconds!! This translates to a download transfer of 463040 Megabits in 2658 seconds which is a download speed of 174.2 Mbps, and an upload transfer of 74,000 Megabits in 2658 seconds which means an upload speed of 27.84 Mbps. Needless to say, this is practically impossible on our plan which is 8 Mbps download and 512 Kbps upload. To put it in other number, to consume that kind of data it would have taken 17 hours 15 minutes and 48 seconds (download) and 44 Hours 8 Minutes 33 Seconds (upload) - certainly not 44 minutes.

Have sent e-mails to 121, appellate authority, TRAI etc. Let's see what happens. Meanwhile we have been FUPed and I have to bear 512Kbps.

got this sms now

Dear Customer, kindly ignore the message regarding 80% data usage for Airtel Broadband ID 012027xxxxxx_dsl. Inconvenience is regretted.