Airtel Mobile PREPAID FOR NRI Suggestions needed

• Thread starter Thread starter jakas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 17,465

jakas

ISP
BSNL
I got an airtel prepaid in December last year valid for 1 year, went out of India and came back again in Feb 2007 and recharged it.Now I will visit again in September and again recharge it.But after this visit I wont visit for a year I want to keep same number so I can recharge it in september 2008 when I come again.My card was issued in mid December 2006.How can I keep same number ?Thanks for any suggestions, help extended

You can always recharge with Rs.495 and get lifetime validity!

yes but again with that if the sim is not used for 180 days its no use or am I wrong ?The small print on lifetime validityThe connection will be permanently deactivated if you don't make an outgoing call/ get an incoming call/ or buy a recharge for a continuous period of six months. So you can't stash away your mobile in your drawer, forget about it and still retain your connection. You cannot opt for any of the above mentioned special schemes once you have opted for the lifetime validity plan.

keep recharging it with minimal amount online every 6 months while staying outside India

how is that possible online ?I have just no ideaI think a bank account or indian creditcard is needed

I think Airtel don't allow online payment for prepaid ...........it's just postpaid payment so i wud recommend 2 convert to 999Rs 3 yr advance rental plan and make it to charge through ur CC.

just checked and a Rs. 3300 charge is valid for 1 year + 90 days grace so it looks like you can keep the same sim and number with this bigger recharge.Can anyone confirm ?

I faced the similar problem, and i have a lifetime prepaid card. When I contacted Airtel about being outside the country more than 1 year, i was asked to RECHARGE WITHIN EVERY SIX MONTHS FOR 505 RUPEES USING ONLINE RECHARGE FACILITY PROVIDED BY BANKS. I did it with ICICI Bank, they recharge it online.

Other Details:Customer has to do a cumulative recharge of Rs200 every 6 months to enjoy uninterrupted lifetime.
Services to SIM Card will be discontinued if there is no usage i.e. no voice calls (incoming or outgoing), SMS and data for any continuous period of 90 days. No refunds will be given for any unused talktime balance and validity on the card. You will also not be able to use this number post disconnection.(Lifetime customers would not be part of this T&C.)