Airtel Broadband Cancellation - Cheated

• Thread starter Thread starter ninjaclown
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 8,486
I am from Chennai and I have been using Airtel broadband for around 8 years. Since I found a better offer, I decided to cancel my connection and sent my cancellation request to them on the 18th of May. They took a week to process my request and the bill amount was generated for the full month, ensuring that I had to pay for services that were not used. Then, they told me to pay the amount for the final month of use and I had to remind them that they had my security deposit which was refundable and it was not subtracted from the total amount.

They offered to send someone to my doorstep to collect the money but they didn't have the financial breakup details with them so I refused to pay at that particular time. The tried contacting me but I wasn't in a position to answer their calls because I was busy.

Another month went by and they have billed me for the full month again and people from their customer care call me twice a week to upgrade my cancelled connection. I have maintained thorough billing records, email transcripts and even all my conversations with Airtel on the phone have been recorded(yay for smartphones!) regarding the issue.

The way I see it, their services have been non-functional for so many times over the years, if all those days which I paid for without using their services are added up, they would be required to pay me. I would ideally like the matter to be closed without having to pay anything but they will get back at me by asking for the dates when their service didn't work and those details are not with me. So, I would like to pay what they are owed minus my security deposit like originally agreed upon. Is there anyway to solve this quickly without resorting to legal proceedings?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has details that would help me.

Mail to 121@... email address with all info. Keep communication on email with all relevant details.
Mention that you are not in India and cannot receive phone calls.
Share proof of disconnection request.
Make sure there is no data usage on connection. That would be your strong point.