• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,362

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
For those of you who are on old plan & find your DL speed reduced to 512 or 768 write to GM (Broadband) & cc to the ED. In your email put the screen shots of your modem settings & the pic of the mtnl home page (which shows that you are entitled to 1Mbps UL). Then wait. For if your luck is good on the 3rd day you will get a call. In the old days you would get a call from those respective offices but as they are mimicking the antics of the pvt companies the call will be from the call center. Now be patient & tell them the problem & slowly it should be resolved.

Yesterday I got such a call after explaining she said she would call back & then she did to tell me that the UL is increased to 1Mbps.

Today's Update:
But nothing for me is that simple coz later when I put on my net, the UL has been increased to 1Mbps but I find the ‘internet’ light is off. Today I managed to call the same number the lady called me form, she had said she was from the call center when I asked her specifically which dept. But from her style of speaking & level of knowledge I had a suspicion they were not call center plus I would never be able to get thru the numbers used in a call center(I was right). Anyway she helped me again today to get things rectified.

Last edited:
Update: On the 28th of July 2016 my UL was reduced to 509kbps, I waited till this month to see what would happen. Nothing did, so I sent an email (like I did last time) to the GM (Broadband) & cc to ED & I got a call today that its been 'restored' to 768 kbps as in all the new plans. I was told this has been done for all plans (old & new). So if you are on an old plan AND still have 1Mbps then enjoy till it lasts. This goes to prove that MTNL has imbibed all the bad habits of the pvt sector players

Yup. I called up one lucky number and they fixed it for me live during the call. (@ 2am in the morning.) :rock:

Cannot share that number.

But you just have to call up the right person.

I had number of the RIGHT person too but I lost it

(because it was around 2011 and I didnt have google backup and after 2011 never needed that number and deleted it accidentally)

It's 16 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload as expected. No problem there.

I am on 749 plan, 16GB @2mbps then 1 mbps
upload 512kbps always.