Poor speed with BSNL on 4mbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter manugupta10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,760
Hey guys i have been using BSNL for a while, i am using 999 unlimited 4mbps plan.

The problem is that i have never got speeds higher than 2mbps, even when using at night. I always get about ~1.7mbps.

If you are facing similar issue please let me know.

306d2de53a42d879243a0a12134f1a3c.jpg

Post your modem stats here.

Yup. You would not get more than 1999kbps as a result. File a complaint with BSNL Appellate Authority or directly to PGPortal.

Yes. You are capped at 2 Mbps by BSNL. Ask them to fix it.

It shows downstream rate of 1999kbps, is it the cause of poor speed?

Hello were you able to get it fixed? I have the exact problem, wish to know what to do?
Thanks.

@ViK619 , there is nothing you can do. Talk to someone helpful at exchange.

There is no one helpful at the exchange. Already contacted them many times. Just a bunch of illiterates with no technical knowledge. My landline was dead for 2 months, it got fixed last Saturday, since then my broadband has been capped at 2mbps, it was fine earlier. While the line has max attainable speed of ~24 mbps.
On contacting the exchange they say, "Net chal to raha hai, sabko itna hi speed milta hai." It was then I figured there is no point even explaining anything to them.

@Ouch @meetdilip Do you have email addresses of top BSNL officials/authorities. I need to shoot them an email explaining the issue. May be they might help.

Thanks.

The problem is they take note of the complaint when registered, the hard part is explaining them the actual problem.
For them if net/landline is working everything is fine, then they don't listen to anything else (since ZERO technical knowledge) and I get SMS'es that your complaint has been resolved, while it isn;t.

@Ouch Will contact them all at once.

Thanks/

Be specific and to the point in your complaint. You just have to tell them that you are on a plan offering x speed but your line speed is set at y which is much lower than x and include the complaint number that you have already filed with regular customer care which according to you is not being addressed properly.

I was on an 8Mbps plan few months back and I never got speed more than 3.8 Mbps .. and the modem stats were fine and that default port limit was over 8000 for me.. still never got even 4 Mpbs leave apart 8 Mbps.. at last, they said that that is what all you will get.. perhaps their lines and technology were not good enough to carry 8 Mbps.. never got why that happened

Your issue is different altogether though and inform them to increase your port speed .. ignore the rant if you do not understand it 😛

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why do people accept less than 80% of advertised speeds on their plans! BSNL should not be offering 8mbps plans if their network cannot handle that much speed.