Applied for Passport. Few queries

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,171
Is it some rule that "reference" can not be family member? I did not find it written anywhere.

@dejan - was police verification done? Did they ask for anything?

First of all the police spokesperson called before coming on the registered mobile no. He was not wearing any uniform. He didn't ask for anything, but still I gave 500 Rs to Police Guy, and Courier Guy asked for only 100 Rs. The Police guy didn't even contact my neighbours, instead he just gave me a form and asked for neighbour's signatures on it. I had to give the photocopy of following original documents which was used at PSK also-

Birth Certificate, Aadhaar, and 10th Certificate(Non-ECR Proof)

Whatever documents you gave during the PSK visit, you will need to keep photocopies of the same during police verification

My PSK appointment was on the 4th and I received the passport itself on the 27th I think, which is awesome considering earlier they used to take more than 3-4 months for delivering a passport

Last edited:
My Kid's (1 year age then) Passport arrived in 3-4 days from applying, no Police verification was needed.
My Wife's passport arrived within month from applying. Did Police Verification at Police station, but nobody asked for any money. Also Post delivery guy did not asked for money.

But when I had renewed my Passport, Police guy asked for money, (more the better he replied when I asked how much). I gave Rs 200, which he accepted happily. Funny thing was my renewed Passport had arrived day before I went for Police verification (within 2-3 weeks from applying). Post delivery guy also asked for money. I gave Rs 50 which he took with very sad face.

I think i have already mentioned this somewhere earlier.

15-18 years back, I got police verification call almost a month after I received passport.

He was surprised and asked me --- "aise kaise mil gaya passport" (that how i got passport without verification)

He did not ask for money (neither did i offer!)