1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What are post FUP speeds of Reliance 4G?

Discussion in 'Reliance Communications GSM/4G-LTE' started by Steve_1982, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Steve_1982

Steve_1982 Member
    Regulars

I have been using post paid 40gb plan in Kerala for Reliance Netconnect+ in Kerala. Currently my speeds are 1 mbps down and 0.5 mbps up and it is around a quarter of that when I use up my 40 GB.

I have ordered the 4g dongle from the reliance website and I am curious to know what are the speeds of Reliance 4g after the FUP limit is reached.

2. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

The plans launched this week are not unlimited. Data usage charges after plan benefits is 4p/ 10kb.

Steve_1982 likes this.
  3. Steve_1982

Steve_1982 Member
    Regulars

When I purchased the internet dongle on the 22nd of June 2016 (last week,) I had the impression that the tariffs would not change. I now feel cheated!

4. Nishant

Nishant ::IBF Addict::
    Moderators Regulars

Welcome to the club :D

Steve_1982 likes this.
  5. Steve_1982

Steve_1982 Member
    Regulars

They should delay the forced migration to 4G until Jio launches in December. I might as well try to get Asianet broadband at home than continue with Reliance.

6. Nishant

Nishant ::IBF Addict::
    Moderators Regulars

You have an option of Asianet broadband and you're waiting for RCom 4G? I suppose Asianet is pretty good. My cousins in Kerala are quite happy with it.

7. Steve_1982

Steve_1982 Member
    Regulars

I only need 36 GB of internet a month and it's been cheaper for me to continue with Reliance than pay for a router and a 40 GB plan from Asianet. I'm still not sure if Asianet services my building for broadband though.

8. fairusagepfft

fairusagepfft Member
    Regulars

You were not wrong to have that impression. After all, they promised that to people buying the Wi-Pod.

[​IMG]

Steve_1982 and Sandeshrt like this.
  9. Steve_1982

Steve_1982 Member
    Regulars

Well I got my usb dongle about 2 weeks after ordering it. No message about 4g being activated in Kerala. I'm in no hurry to open the package even though it looks clean (couriered by Blue Dart) since most couriered packages in India release a lot of dust when forced open.

10. fairusagepfft

fairusagepfft Member
    Regulars

Yep, pretty much the same here. They advertise like 3-day or something delivery on their store, but boy was the shipping incredibly slow. And even slower yet is the activation, almost 1 1/2 month and still nothing. I opened the package and now I have a paperweight.