How can i download Torrents on sify

lord_nemesis

Any one downloading Torrents on sify broadband? Any one using a torrent client which does not require ports to be opened? Presently i am using E Mule for downloads.

I have been downloading through bittorrent since over a year, I've used all clients existing all working perfectly. Currently I am using BitComet. However my ports aren't blocked coz I can connect to Remote users. But you needn't be connectable to download from BitTorrent, on my previous ISP I was unconnectable but was easily able to achieve max speeds.

You can use any bittorrent client (BitTornado, BitTorrent, Azerueus, ctorrent), download a torrent file, open the torrent with your client, and you are set.If this doesn't work, try changing your TCP listen port, I use the range 780* without problems.BTW, no torrent client can work if the ports it uses are blocked 😛 but you can change the ports.

Originally posted by lord_nemesis@Jun 27 2005, 01:01 AM
Any one downloading Torrents on sify broadband? Any one using a torrent client which does not require ports to be opened? Presently i am using E Mule for downloads.
[snapback]13813[/snapback]
[/quote]

It doesnt matter what u use to download stuff like ed2k networks,use net, or torrents u shld experiment with all and find the one which gives u max. download.

yah torrents do get u better speeds and faster connectivity as compared to ed2k networks.
Many tracker's of torrents have already blacklisting the default ports 6881-6889 (which i think i forgot as i used them way back 😛 hope they r right) so better use some random ports and c the diffrence.

All torrents requires ports for listening connections .

The best torrent clients are:
1.Azureus
2.Burst
3.Bitcomet
4.ABC

The speeds on the torrents also depends upon no. of seeds and leechers and always be patient while downloading through torrents.Also read all the faq's available realted to torrents on the net, try googling......

well somehow for me torrents never worked but then i only tried bittorrentmaybe cause my ports are blocked or my cto has blocked them

Well all the 0day torrent sites allow ports ranging from 49152-65535. But you *CAN* download with bittorrent even if your ports are blocked, I know it coz I have experienced it :yes:. Actually Bittorrent can max out your speed provided you're downloading from a good private tracker, don't even expect near full speed if you are planning to dload off of public trackers.

i never could reach the top speed of my bandwidth while using torrents, so i gave it up...in fact, the highest speed i reached was around 8 kBps, but other P2Ps gave me speeds according to the bandwidth also the torrents are quite difficult to find... 🙁

well for the past 5 months of my sify bb experience almost all torrents died on me.The only 2 torrents that worked out of box where ABC and BitCometBitComet gives me the fastest download speeds about 16KB/s, so i use that most often for large file downloads.

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 27 2005, 08:11 PM
i never could reach the top speed of my bandwidth while using torrents, so i gave it up...in fact, the highest speed i reached was around 8 kBps, but other P2Ps gave me speeds according to the bandwidth also the torrents are quite difficult to find... 🙁
[snapback]13908[/snapback]
[/quote]
Really, this is totally the problem of the torrent the no. of seeds leechers etc, try downlaoding a torrent from any damn private tracker site I'm sure u'll max out. BitComet is my preferred client 🙂

Torrent speeds might be good or bad depending on your luck, but the sheer availability of files through torrents beats all p2p technologies 😉

hmm...oki'll give torrents a try once again...let's see how it turns out...anyhow, i was doing that on Sify earlier on...so may be that's why... 😉 :lol:

ok guys, downloaded bitcomet and it's working fantastic!!!but have a small issue here...my uploads are faster than my downloads!!! 🙁right now also i'm uploading at around 25 kBps and downloading around 10 kBps...in uploads it went to 41 kBps max but in downloads it hovered around 32 kBps...not more than that... 🙁 pls help!!!

wats yr bandwidth ?? r u on a 256 pack ? if ya then.. u r dload spd is normal... sometimes it will also depend on the leechers.. if the leechers are more... and seeders are fewer.. u'll tend to upload a bit more

this behavior also is visible in the early stages... the more u use, the uniform the sharing begins. on the other hand... if you are on unlimited resources and download line and upload line are independent, it should not hurt ya 😉on sify i hated the upload stream coz the bandwidth got shared both ways. on airtel i actually leave torrents open even after 1:1 ratios coz i do not have much uploading going on at any given time.