please help

• Thread starter Thread starter sona_munda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,070

sona_munda

hi to alli am from delhii am new to this forum and wanted to take airtel as my broad. conn.but i have few ques anyone can answer them,i will be greatful to him1.. i want to take 128 unlimited plan ,what speed i will get i used to get 15-16 kbps on sify 128 nightunlimited plan.2.. is there any downtime3.. how many calls r free in phone provided by airtel along with conne.4.. is airtel send huge bills for calls not done5.. is they change there plan monthly6.. wheather i get uniform speed throughout day and night.anyone can help me i willbe greatfull to him

1.. i want to take 128 unlimited plan ,what speed i will get i used to get 15-16 kbps on sify 128 nightunlimited plan.

You will get about 16 KB/s

2.. is there any downtime

No not really... sometimes I have felt that the connection slows down a little, but not very often.

3.. how many calls r free in phone provided by airtel along with conne.

Depends on the plan you take, I believe the cheapest is around Rs. 250, and you probably get Rs. 200 talktime.

4.. is airtel send huge bills for calls not done

Out of the 9 months that I have had them, there was one month where I thought I had been overcharged - unfortunately you have to pay them Rs. 100 to get a list of the dialled calls (which they would refund if there is a discrepancy) - I think they could just do this for free, especially since they can send it over e-mail at no cost, but oh, well.

5.. is they change there plan monthly

Not sure what you mean but if I understand you, then, no, they don't introduce new plans very often. Also, once you sign up with them for a plan, I don't think they can kick you off it as long as you pay on time.

6.. wheather i get uniform speed throughout day and night.

Yeah, pretty much... not much difference between day and night, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look.

Hey, my 128kbps plan was a constant 13.5KBps. Never got 16KBps. Even my current 256kbps gives me max 27KBps and not 32. They explained it away as ATM+tcp overhead.But u guys say u get 16KBps?

Originally posted by SiriusB@Jun 30 2005, 12:08 PM
Hey, my 128kbps plan was a constant 13.5KBps. Never got 16KBps. Even my current 256kbps gives me max 27KBps and not 32. They explained it away as ATM+tcp overhead.
But u guys say u get 16KBps?
[snapback]14287[/snapback]
[/quote]

it is calculated this way.
the connection speed is 128kbps 🙂
if this is divided by 8 you get 16KBs :angry:
but your actual speed will be approximately 96 to 98kbps :huh:
divide this by 8 to get your actual download speed in KBs
this gives to 12 or 13KBs
you may check up your speed go to http://speed.touchtelindia.net :mellow:

i am a touchtel (airtel) broadband subscriber.

hope this clears your doubt.

regards. B)

stpmds/30-06-05

Originally posted by sona_munda@Jun 26 2005, 09:17 PM
hi to all

i am from delhi
i am new to this forum and wanted to take airtel as my broad. conn.
but i have few ques anyone can answer them,i will be greatful to him
1.. i want to take 128 unlimited plan ,what speed i will get i used to get 15-16 kbps on sify 128 nightunlimited plan.
2.. is there any downtime
3.. how many calls r free in phone provided by airtel along with conne.
4.. is airtel send huge bills for calls not done
5.. is they change there plan monthly
6.. wheather i get uniform speed throughout day and night.

anyone can help me i willbe greatfull to him
[snapback]13788[/snapback]
[/quote]

instead take 256 Rs.500/- pm plan.
this is offered as unlimited till Aug 31st. 🙄
enjoy this upto Aug 31, then migrate to 128 unlimited.
i think it costs Rs.997/- plus service tax at 10.5% = 1200/- approx. 😱
I am at chennai.
airtel is the reliable one and their customer care is good.
I was using their plan - 995 per month 200 pulses free with download limit 1.25gb
connection speed is 256kbps, actual speed 210 to 215kbps. 🙄

stpmds/30-06-05 B)