BSNL very slow speed and not so good Attenuation and SNR Margin

• Thread starter Thread starter Dank_Boi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,203
ISP
Airtel Xstream
I am using the 4Mbps till 8GB @ Rs. 999 pack. And I am getting less than 1/4 of the pack speed (100Kbps - 900Kbps), And I am not so sure but I think my SNR margin and Attenuation is bad... please suggest me ways to improve these... for the speed I have done everything from setting up Google DNS Server, Changing the limit reservable bandwidth setting in group policy editor, using TCP/IP Optimizer.. Please help me, I have contacted BSNL SDO hundreds of times and also lodged a complaint and sent mails to authorities everywhere today. I was hoping maybe anyone could help me here. And yeah I have a D-Link DSL 2750U Router
HKQphkN

Source

With line conditions like that, it will be hard to get good speeds and quality. The best thing you can do is get hold of your line man, ask him to replace the current line. Make sure there are no joints or corroded part. Line exposure to rain ( monsoon is here ) is also a bad thing. Most of these can be rectified by a quality line condition from junction box to your residence.

Also, how far are you from the exchange ?

No joints?? what do you mean by that and I have no way to know if the line is corroded or not, I can't check each inch of the long wire from my home to the exchange... and what is junction box? Sorry I am a noob at these hardware things so please take it easy. As for the line, they said that they have replaced my systems with new ones. I think my distance must be 2-3 km from the exchange. So you are basically saying to get my wire or line which runs from the exchange to my home changed, right? And yeah how do my snr margin and attenuation looks like?

Last edited:
hmm... thanx bhai I will see what I can do with what you told me. I will update once I have some new news

and yeah, the cable is connected to a square shaped box to my home from where it goes into the splitter and then the phone & modem.. is this right?

Just tell him to change the new wire from the point (junction box) to the splitter. Change the line splitter & the adsl splitter to a new one if possible. Your line stats will get improved. If it doesn't. They need check the port at the exchange.