12-minutes/hour advertising rule for TV channels

Sushubh

Administrator
For how long? :)

chromaniac said:
Frankly. Bad arguments. Broadcasters are paying unreasonable amount of money for television rights. It's their problem. Why do I have to watch ads during live broadcast of formula 1 races? I stopped watching television completely because of censorship ad insane amount of ads on television. Who is to blame here?
Agree. I meant for argument in comments section.

Sushubh

Administrator
Not the first time I have been disappointed with the counter arguments of MN. But then, who gives a damn. It's not like any of our opinions matter. :)

mega_processor said:
rules is india are not meant to be executed,they just stay in books while people break them everyday...
Most of them were recommendations. Depends upon feasibility of Operator and technology availability.
For breaking rules, everyone (companies) does that by some or other way, maybe with a fair practise either you can't become big or can't sustain at all. They pay huge ($$$) to employees and Babu's.

gaurang08

Regular
Regulars
chromaniac said:
Frankly. Bad arguments. Broadcasters are paying unreasonable amount of money for television rights. It's their problem. Why do I have to watch ads during live broadcast of formula 1 races? I stopped watching television completely because of censorship ad insane amount of ads on television. Who is to blame here?
I can understand what you are saying .. There was a time where I had stopped seeing cricket matches because of insane ads .. specially the " L " shaped ads in SD telecast .. Now with HD I have again started seeing cricket as there arent so many ads just yet .. I hope it stays this way in " HD " else I will stop watching again ...

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
why not let the market and the consumer decide? They have the remote, they can choose where to go.
Its funny they (MN) are saying choose with remote. But then are they giving us any alternate?
I am one of the few who has stopped watching TV (except sports and very very rarely movies) because of these ads.

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
I think it should be simple.
Free TV should have ads, paid channel should have ads only at the start and end, and not in between since we pay for each channel separately!