What speed you are getting?

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 11,267
ISP
Airtel
You never get the max speed. Do u?Well, I get 10 to 12 Kbps download speed in my 48 kbps unlimited plan. Wot download speed do you get in your plan?

I get 10-12 kBps on my 48 kbps = 6 KBps pack too which is two times the max advertised 🙂

In Mumbai only 64kbps is now available and no 48, and I get speeds ranging from 11-14 kBps on my connection. Next month I will try out the 128kbps pack and see whats the difference.

Guys you people taught me Big B and small b, now you are talking this?48kbps = 6KBps64kbps = 8KBps96kbps = 12KBps128kbps = 16KBps256kbps = 32KBpsSo actually you are getting more if u are talking in the above menthod of speed calculation. so shhhhhhhhhhh. 🙄

Yes SIfy servers cannot limit the bandwidth perfectly, and all users always get 2-3 kBps extra speed. Not a big deal if you are on a 3 mbps connection but for us 2-3 kBps means a lot on a 64k/48k connection.

Originally posted by sifyfan@Jun 25 2005, 05:13 PM
Guys you people taught me Big B and small b, now you are talking this?
48kbps = 6KBps
64kbps = 8KBps
96kbps = 12KBps
128kbps = 16KBps
256kbps = 32KBps
So actually you are getting more if u are talking in the above menthod of speed calculation. so shhhhhhhhhhh. 🙄
[snapback]13654[/snapback]
[/quote]

6 Kbps on the 48 package? Holy Crap!!!! I never got below 10 on my 48 kbps pack.

well, they're giving more speeds in the small packs, i.e., 48 and 64 kbps, so that u hit that per day limit asap...duh!!!! 😉

is it so?

EDIT: Policy : For those heavy users who however continue to remain on unlimited products the following rate shall apply :

Usage on unlimited service packs will be considered as one calendar day or 150MB in a day whichever is earlier. If the usage exceeds 150 MB in a day, one day in validity will be reduced for every 25 MB of usage beyond 150 MB.  This is  explained in detail as follows :

Upto 150 MB utlisation in each day…..No deduction of days validity
For every 25 MB utilisation beyond 150 MB within each day, one days validity will be reduced.

This policy is applicable from 8 am to 10 pm currently and will come into effect from 9th June 2005.
[/b]

man when did this happen...... :blink:

11.2 averagePeople who go for 64 or 96 ( if this still exist) pay more money and get the sameGuess they wanna increase profit with 48kbps packs, since its so slow that we hardly reach 150mb + 25 + 25 etc etcWith 11.2kB/s its easyDirty rats they r

Originally posted by Suraj@Jun 26 2005, 12:10 AM
is it so?

EDIT:

man when did this happen...... :blink:
[snapback]13687[/snapback]
[/quote]

This happened on the day i realized that these pimps dont deserve even my urine on their office/showroom walls

Ive posted this on European forums and everybody was just crying of laughing that there are morons like these people exist and make such rules AND call themself a broadband ISP.....

The best part in the word doc is how they have explained the "normal user" downloads only 80 mb a day :rofl:3 mp3's = 10 MB ya rite, I download psytrance 10+ MB per song.

Originally posted by knak@Jun 26 2005, 05:58 AM
This happened on the day i realized that these pimps dont deserve even my urine on their office/showroom walls

Ive posted this on European forums and everybody was just crying of laughing that there are morons like these people exist and make such rules AND call themself a broadband ISP.....
[snapback]13711[/snapback]
[/quote]:lol: I *have* to see the replies, lmao, gimme the link

Sify increased everyone's speeds to a minimum of 10-11 kBps and started validity reduction policy. Earlier they had slower speeds and reduced even that to much less when one crossed the limits.So fundamentally they gave with 1 hand and took away with another. Nothing's really changed except better speeds for those who just surf the web.