• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,244

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
So I will be getting a new PC assembled, managed to get a person to whom I need to send the config. I am planning to ask him as well for suggestions. But in general, want some idea of what to ask - as its been almost a decade since I have delved into all this

But this is the general idea I had - considering cost & needs.... Any suggestions to add/change. Plus any suggestions for specific model etc welcome

1) Motherboard – AMD (Decent performance)
2) AMD Processor
3) 4 GB Ram
4) 1 TB HDD
5) Cabinet – Decent level
6) Power Supply – Decent level
7) Entry level Graphics Card – Basic needs , not for high-end gaming
8) Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Already have monitor, no need of CD/DVD writer as well...Any other crucial part I am missing?

Why AMD 😀

Upvote 0
30k on the higher end.... Prefer near to 20s.... Also mostly browsing & docs is the use... amateur photo editing is the max. intensive work I see happening on it.

Upvote 0
Thats why even I put it here - to get some suggestions.... AMD I have heard about heating issues long ago - Does that persist even now... But well, lets wait for the feedback.

The only catch is I need to probably move on this quickly.

Upvote 0
I doubt we have any active member who is into desktop pcs these days. Best would be to crosspost on another forum like Techenclave or Digit >🙂

Upvote 0
Considering that I might be going ahead today with the purchase/order - I guess I just need some last minute tips if possible.

Upvote 0
CPU : Intel Core i3-4150
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
RAM : CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 VENGEANCE 240-PIN SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) DESKTOP MEMORY MODEL CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 120GB (For OS only)
PSU: Any branded one should do (cooler master, corsair etc)
Cabinet: Get anyone according to budget.
GPU: I don't think you need it.
Keyboard/mouse: Microsoft wireless combo.

Upvote 0
Based on your config - you should be able to get decent PC around 20K or may be less.

May be i3 is enough for you.

Also I have OPENED BUT NEVER USED wireless keyboard / mouse touch on keyboard.

Logitech k400r

Willing to sell at around 1800Rs. (costs about 3200Rs on Flipkart / Amazon)

Upvote 0
If you are from Delhi this might help, other wise also gives you clue of the prevelant prices at Nehru Palace..

Source

Below option looks good:
AMD TRINITY A6 : Rs.3990
with

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB 3: Rs.4190
or
GIGABYTE F2 A88XM D3H: Rs.6290

Upvote 0
Sorry could not reply as office, rains and installation kept me busy.
I got my PC made at about 30k - With most of @Nishant 's recommendations
@amish saw your post late. In any case it was for my dad - who is not comfortable even with laptop because of the touchpad. So it was ruled out in that sense.

Upvote 0