EKART Courier shuts down consumer to consumer courier operations

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,892
i do not know the exact details but for an envelope sent locally (delhi/gurgaon/perhaps ncr), these were the rates charged in recent days to the best of my memory which is not very good these days.

DTDC Own Outlet: Rs. 100
First Flight pickup point: Rs. 65
Speed Post: Rs. 18

speed post turns out to be costlier for me because the nearest post office is 3-4KM away so the round trip costs me 100 bucks in Jugnoo and slightly more in Uber. i can take my own car but the route is quite congested so i avoid driving myself.

for RTIs and other government documents, speed post is still the preferred choice. i would probably use ekart for other non-document couriers as they would take care of packaging as well. for documents, i guess first flight is still the better choice.

dtdc plus charged just 80rs to ship an ipod with packaging from visakhapatman to hyd (600kms) I thought thats pretty cheap

that is cheap 😛 i paid fedex more than 1000 bucks to ship my nexus 5 to vedant (gurgaon to rourkela) 😛

dtdc charged rs. 300 to deliver an envelop from gurgaon to chandigarh next day.

forgot to mention that 80rs included next day delivery too 🙂 seems like this dtdc plus service is only available in metros

had to courier a document to delhi. local courier would have charged 65 bucks. ekart would have charged 100 bucks. so decided to test it out. turns out i can't use it because i do not have any mobile number of the recipient. only landline number. and they do not accept landline numbers. first flight it is.

WcSdi2.png

first flight charged me 40 bucks for this envelop for gurgaon > delhi route. and this is not even from their own outlet but a third party shop which accepts packages on their behalf.

I know bad experiences happen with every courier but I had a really bad experience with first flight some 2 years back and I boycotted using them. Idiots "lost" my phone and it magically appeared in their office when I went there with a constable.

I only use DTDC & Blue Dart, with tracking, even though it may cost a little more.

And for any official documents, Speed Post.

i only use firstflight for non important shipments. i decided to ship my nexus 5 to vedant using fedex as mentioned before which costed me 1000+ rupees 😛 i would never have done it with first flight or even dtdc. but ekart seems like a good option for such shipments i guess.

speed post is kind of mandatory for RTIs and representations and income tax acknowledgements sent to government offices. i just wish they were a little more accessible and safe to use for product based packages. having lost my superfan in transit... i do not trust them with anything worth actual money.

Idiots at speedpost don't accept food products if theyre not sealed in white cloth. Even if the product is in tin container 😕 sarkaari companies man

but they're quite cheap and fast 🙂 also they deliver to army addresses at J&k and other border areas whereas other courier dont. so yeah, they have monopoly in that area

do they even check the contents of the package? i hear they are the best option if you are shipping products other courier companies do not like for example power banks and stuff 😛

speed post is kind of mandatory for RTIs and representations and income tax acknowledgements sent to government offices. i just wish they were a little more accessible and safe to use for product based packages. having lost my superfan in transit... i do not trust them with anything worth actual money.

Income Tax Ack? No Adhaar based verification? What about net banking e verification?