Keyboards not for ants

• Thread starter Thread starter Soham Pal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,060

Soham Pal

ISP
ACT Fibernet
All keyboards I find on Flipkart/Amazon seem to have teeny tiny (in terms of vertical height), muted and soft keys, often even advertising "soft keys" as a desirable feature! I haven't bought a desktop keyboard in over 7 years now and really need to find one to use in my lab since the keyboard-mouse combo there is in horrible shape.

tl;dr want keyboard with large keys and haptic feedback decent haptics
Budget: 1k

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Have a look at TVS Gold.

Upvote 0
Haptic feedback?
are you referring to the feel of clicks or you want a haptic feedback like we get on phone when using keypad which vibrates the phone ?

Upvote 0
I think only TVS ones would give you that feel, Try Microsoft ones too, but MS ones are smoother while TVS ones are heavy duty and no surprise if it lasts 10 years or more.

Upvote 0
TVS Gold would cost a bit more.

Check TVS Gold Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Paytm

It was the first keyboard I owned when I got my first PC back in 1997. And it was the most recent keyboard I purchased after going through tens of them. The way I type, a regular non-mechanical keyboard lasts for me for hardly 5-6 months. TVS Gold has lasted me a while now and would probably be still be working 10 years from now.

Once you get used to the noise factor, it is probably one of the funnest keyboard to type on. Of course you can also get a mechanical keyboard from another company but I assume it is going to cost you more than the TVS Gold.

Upvote 0
wow. this video was made in march 2013. the keyboard i have has already lasted for more than 3 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have Logitech K400R touch WIRELESS keyboard / with touchpad - currently sold on Flipkart / Amazon for > 3000Rs.

I am willing to sell it at Rs.1700 only.

NEVER USED. Opened once to test if its working. (May need new battery)

Bought 1 year back so may be out of warranty.

Payment first! Shipment in two days. (You need to trust me! 🙂

No REFUND.

Upvote 0
I was just checking this model two days ago. Was considering it for the Chromebook. Would ping you if I make up my mind.

Upvote 0
Lol. I had to deposit an application in the power department office. No one in the office would accept the application because it was 3pm.

So I sent a speedpost to them through the post office right in front of their office.

Sadly though... They still ignored the application as it was never processed.

Upvote 0