Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Airtel Delhi
Excitel Delhi
ACT Delhi missing

@undercover You should tracert Airtel Delhi Speedtest node.

You might find something like traffic going through Singapore Server. Do it if you can.

That ping you getting is 10ms + singapore ms I blieve.

Jio has node in Singapore registered under their name itself.

So maybe, Jio don't have direct peering or route with the Airtel yet.

So, What happened is that.

Your packet from Jio Delhi (Your Location), went to Singapore and then reached to Airtel in Delhi.

why jio's speed never crosses above 95Mbps? i have seen several speedtests now but it never touches the 100Mbps mark. while if you see airtel's 100Mbps speedtest videos, it easily crosses the 100 mark.

jio uses router with gigabit ports. still people dont get speeds above 95.
i dont know if it is due to people not having gigabit ports on their pc or what.

why jio's speed never crosses above 95Mbps? i have seen several speedtests now but it never touches the 100Mbps mark. while if you see airtel's 100Mbps speedtest videos, it easily crosses the 100 mark.

i dont know if it is due to people not having gigabit ports on their pc or what.

yeah it may be their PC/laptop does not have gigabit port or it could just be that the LAN cable provided is only rated for "up to" 100 mbps and not gigabit LAN.

Even my BSNL FTTH modem provided by local LCO has gigabit ports but the LAN cable provided was only 100 mbps, I was also getting around 90-95 mbps speeds until I switched to using gigabit LAN cable to my PC.

Another theory I have is that Jio is configuring the modem port to be 100 mbit only and not work in gigabit mode and only can be configured for gigabit speeds remotely if in future they launch plans more than 100 mbps speeds.

When are they launching the JioFiber in Delhi though? They are still not available in most of the areas.

Infact, I came to know that a nearby area has JioFiber lines laid down for months now but they haven't activated the area. (2 Areas now)

It does cross 100mbps and moreover I do not care about speed test. While downloading, my speeds do hover around 99-100mbps
yeah it may be their PC/laptop does not have gigabit port or it could just be that the LAN cable provided is only rated for "up to" 100 mbps and not gigabit LAN.
I use 5Ghz Wifi and thats not the limiting factor.

Another theory I have is that Jio is configuring the modem port to be 100 mbit only and not work in gigabit mode and only can be configured for gigabit speeds remotely if in future they launch plans more than 100 mbps speeds.
Gigabit ports are indeed gigabit and not locked down to 100mbps. I have connected through LAN many times and the port is recognised as gigabit.

When are they launching the JioFiber in Delhi though? They are still not available in most of the areas.

Infact, I came to know that a nearby area has JioFiber lines laid down for months now but they haven't activated the area. (2 Areas now)

My theory is that they will complete the process of laying fibre lines in all the areas they have planned and then only they will start their services in one go.