Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Don't have high hopes given the speed of progress that I have seen at my place. There're lot of stages post the wiring completion that would eventually take 2-3 months.
You are from Dehradun?

You are from Dehradun?

Nope ! Ludhiana. After a long wait of 4 months from the wire completion, they booked my connection yesterday. The street wiring started in July last year.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing JioGigaFiber. We have received your application for Giga Internet connection. Your order number is XXXXXXXXX.

Payment invoice has been sent on your registered email id. You will shortly receive a notification confirming date and time of installation appointment.

For queries or support, you can reach us at 18008969999 or write to us at JioGigaFibercare@jio.com

Thank you,
Team JioGigaFiber

So the guy came today, but apparently my house is not feasible yet. They have service some 100-200 metres away but not near my building yet, so they said will get back to me in 15-20 days. Let's see! 😉

This is the brochure they gave

Source

Today another guy called up saying my area is now feasible and asked whether he can come for the application registration. Since I am not in Bangalore couldn't do it today, maybe in the next 2-3 days.

Oh
Nope ! Ludhiana. After a long wait of 4 months from the wire completion, they booked my connection yesterday. The street wiring started in July last year.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing JioGigaFiber. We have received your application for Giga Internet connection. Your order number is XXXXXXXXX.

Payment invoice has been sent on your registered email id. You will shortly receive a notification confirming date and time of installation appointment.

For queries or support, you can reach us at 18008969999 or write to us at JioGigaFibercare@jio.com

Thank you,
Team JioGigaFiber
Oh but I don't think it will take that much time here because gigafiber is rolling out commercially soon

Today another guy called up saying my area is now feasible and asked whether he can come for the application registration. Since I am not in Bangalore couldn't do it today, maybe in the next 2-3 days.

False alarm again, said my area is still not feasible. 🤦‍♂️

How to protect against scamsters claiming to be from Jio and "sir your area is feasible, please pay me the 4500 deposit amount" ?

Never pay cash or to personal Paytm numbers, all genuine guys come with the Jio customer onboarding devices (android devices with an app, similar to the Jio mobile Signup app) and you make the payment directly to Jio in that flow.

Plus they come with a Jio identity card.

Last edited:
How to protect against scamsters claiming to be from Jio and "sir your area is feasible, please pay me the 4500 deposit amount" ?

Jio doesn't accept cash payments. Credit Card, Debit Card & Paytm only. Bookings don't happen over the phone and they need to personally visit your place before they can book. The Sales guy would come wearing the Jio Fibre Sky Blue Lanyard and ID card. Rest are the steps they follow. Even though, your area might be feasible, your house specifically needs to be feasible in the Jio GigaFibre Mapping App (Green Box should show up on top of your house in the Map App. If it shows blue, it means it is under testing/repair and would turn green in the next 3-4 days. They can only proceed with the Booking through the app by Long pressing the Green Box. Long pressing it opens up your House No in the Pop up and further redirects to the E- Application which is enrolling through the Aadhaar card. They'll click your Photo with the same Mobile Device and they cary a small Swipe Card Device (EzeTap) that is connected to the Mobile App through Bluetooth. Post you swipe your card, the E-Application is completed and you get a 4500 Receipt instantly on your Email ID that you'll give in the application. Installations are real quick and are usually done in a day or two (Might vary from Location to Location).

Long story short, my area has been feasible since 31st March when one of my friend in the by lane booked the connection. However, 4 houses in my street including mine were Marked Blue due to High Voltage Problem in our DP and i finally booked my connection on 10th April. Every time a new sales guy would come, i would get excited to just learn that my house Box is still blue. They have allocated approx 6-8 houses per DP and each DP has 8 ports that can be merged to 16 if needed.

Last edited:
Got a call from someone from Jio fibre. Gave me all details and that my sector is now getting the connection. Will come tomorrow morning for application filling. 4500 security deposit paid by card or Paytm. 100mbps speed and 1100 GB data every month till the preview offer goes on.

Seems will get it going and then cancel my airtel broadband. Currently I am paying 1175 per month for 40mbps and 300gb per month.

Just want to know members who have got Jio fibre, are you satisfied with the speed etc?

Btw, my area is sector- 17, faridabad. So, if anyone else wants to get it in the same area can approach jio people.