Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@undercover What speeds are you getting to the Airtel Delhi, Excitel Delhi, ACT Delhi? :O

undercover

Regulars
Mar 25, 2019
Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@undercover You should tracert Airtel Delhi Speedtest node.

You might find something like traffic going through Singapore Server. Do it if you can.

That ping you getting is 10ms + singapore ms I blieve.

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
Jio has node in Singapore registered under their name itself.

So maybe, Jio don't have direct peering or route with the Airtel yet.

So, What happened is that.

Your packet from Jio Delhi (Your Location), went to Singapore and then reached to Airtel in Delhi.

Aakash Malhotra

Regulars
Aug 13, 2013
new delhi
why jio's speed never crosses above 95Mbps? i have seen several speedtests now but it never touches the 100Mbps mark. while if you see airtel's 100Mbps speedtest videos, it easily crosses the 100 mark.

jio uses router with gigabit ports. still people dont get speeds above 95.
i dont know if it is due to people not having gigabit ports on their pc or what.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
why jio's speed never crosses above 95Mbps? i have seen several speedtests now but it never touches the 100Mbps mark. while if you see airtel's 100Mbps speedtest videos, it easily crosses the 100 mark.

jio uses router with gigabit ports. still people dont get speeds above 95.
i dont know if it is due to people not having gigabit ports on their pc or what.
yeah it may be their PC/laptop does not have gigabit port or it could just be that the LAN cable provided is only rated for "up to" 100 mbps and not gigabit LAN.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
Even my BSNL FTTH modem provided by local LCO has gigabit ports but the LAN cable provided was only 100 mbps, I was also getting around 90-95 mbps speeds until I switched to using gigabit LAN cable to my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.