Status
Not open for further replies.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
5G is supposed to solve issue of signal penetration into inside buildings/walls etc I believe.
This is exactly the opposite of 5G. 5G is harder to penetrate walls compared to 4G or 3G

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
^ Now this is some twist, overall I know 5G won't have anything to deal with FTTH. FTTH has it's own requirements and the customer base. :)

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
I read a while back (dont have a link at the moment) that 5G even though it is higher frequency (leading you to believe it will be harder to penetrate walls and reach inside buildings) it will be deployed with higher power output rating allowing for better reach.

If I find that link I will share it here.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
^ It will be same like 3G and 4G rollout. Infact more slow since they need more towers to cover the same area as 3G and 4G towers.

undercover

Regulars
Mar 25, 2019
There wont be any widespread coverage of 5G like we have for 4G. It will be having very limited coverage concentrated in metro areas.

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
Why confuse frequency with 2/3/4/5G.... Higher the frequency lower the penetration and vice versa.

Lately Jio has been successful because of the use of multiple frequencies available simultaneously and selection of best frequency by handset/ software...

5G I guess will build upon carrier aggregation and other technologies which will further optimise the bandwidth across various frequencies... so giving overall better signal/ experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.