1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Reliance Jio JioFiber Gigabit FTTH Service

Discussion in 'Reliance Jio' started by hobolife, May 28, 2016.

1. hobolife

hobolife ₦ØØ฿ⱠØⱤĐ
    Regulars

All info's and rumour about Reliance Jio FTTH goes here

#1 hobolife, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. Zaman2011

Zaman2011 Regular
    Regulars

I agree with you. Though I am using Jio 4G now but I am actually interested in Jio FTTH in the long run. It is not feasible to provide unlimited plans (or FUP plans) on 4G once it is commercially launched. The employee at the store yesterday said that the 4G prices would be near 3G prices of existing networks. So, it cannot be used for regular use for whole month.

But in case of FTTH, a decent FUP or unlimited (both are fine for me) is possible at decent prices as most ISPs in India are already doing it. Even if they can provide decent plans like Beam Fiber/ACT Fibernet provides in Hyderabad throughout India with good customer service, their FTTH would sweep off almost all BSNL customers (as well as other ISP customers) all over India almost instantly.

The Jio employees in the store said that the Fiber plans (which I suppose they meant FTTH) would also be launched soon. Hope they launch it at the earliest. Eagerly awaiting for the same.

js2martin, ganesh177 and Prasad08 like this.
  3. ngrhd

ngrhd Member
    Regulars

Please for god sakes! Delhi! We need prices and services like Chennai specially when comparing with ACT. I'm sick and tired of bloody ADSL be it MTNL or Airtel.

anant.del likes this.
  4. simaria_c

simaria_c Member
    Regulars

I'm not sure what will be practical use of ftth except it should be high speed. I can see some advantage for corporates but for individuals like us even 8-10 mbps is enough where movie download is done within 10 minutes. I'm on 25 mbps where it takes about 3 minutes which is common nowadays.
    [​IMG]

ganesh177 likes this.
  5. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

higher upload speeds is something i look forward to.

Sahyadri, pothi and Sai like this.
  6. simaria_c

simaria_c Member
    Regulars

This is what I get for upload and download on 25mbps connection

[​IMG]

js2martin likes this.
  7. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

exactly. i am stuck on DSL where upload speeds rarely touch 512kbps.

anant.del likes this.
  8. simaria_c

simaria_c Member
    Regulars

Move on to some local operator. I have compared right from mtnl to Airtel to tikona.. Almost every possible service provider and found local one to be the best

Both upload and download are above 20mbps

9. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

living in an independent house has its issues. only options available are airtel/reliance/bsnl and some shit local company with shit plans. no fiber based plans to the best of my knowledge. not even sure if reliance has laid down their cables because i do not remember any digging around my place. would probably end up taking a limited data wireless plan with reliance for backup.

js2martin likes this.
  10. pothi

pothi Shhhhhh!
    Regulars

Wireless is their first priority. So, Reliance Jio FTTH wouldn't be launched any time in the near future. When it does launch, the speeds would naturally be well above the wireless counterpart. Apart from that, we may get much stabler connection and speed (I already get much stable connection with JIO wireless). That's all I expect. I hope the prices are reasonable too.

tldr; too early to discuss about FTTH.

js2martin likes this.