NoCAPTCHA everywhere " I am not a robot "

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 9,231
D

Deleted member 10390

Since a couple of days ( or more ), I am getting NoCAPTCHA verification for each and every page I visit. I have to prove various stages of " I am not a robot ". At times, just a single click on the box, or verify images, at times, more than once. A friend of mine too confirmed that he is facing this issue. Luckily it is not there today.

Anybody else facing this problem ?

It's due to shared ip.. in this case NAT ip, where users are assigned local ip and public ip is shared with many local ips.

There are countless pcs affected by malwares/BotNet that send spam emails, post advertisements in public forums/comments section. Captcha somewhat reduces these problems.

you need to get static ip to get rid of this issue.

in this case NAT ip, where users are assigned local ip and public ip is shared with many local ips.

@kiranpdm , can you tell me how it works ? How is it set up ?

you need to get static ip to get rid of this issue.

Sad. How much do they charge ?

I'm also interested in static ip can someone confirm if they give static ip and how much they charge.

Btw I rarely face the captcha issue.. maybe twice or thrice in a month.

As for the NoCATCHA issue, I would like to know how vast is the LAN we are in ? How many connection normally comprise it ? And what would be the normal physical area enclosed for a single IP ?

I'm also interested in static ip can someone confirm if they give static ip and how much they charge.

@TheEvdoUser , getting a static IP has it's own issue. As in, you loose option to change IP with file sharing sites and similar.

I do have static ip and it costs 2k per annum... you gotta take DD for that amount and mail it.. ask your operator for details on DD payee name and mailing address. In my case I gave the DD+courier charges to my operator and he mailed it, I got static ip in 3 days.

As for file sharing sites.. I haven't used any since link-removed times... you can find almost anything in torrents nowadays.

I was just giving an example. There are times you would need to refresh your IP. I wonder why Railwire does not follow the BSNL way of giving an individual dynamic IP to each user/session. Is it on economical grounds Railwire doing this ?

We are considering getting CCTV installed at our place. I believe I would also have to get a static IP to enable streaming over the internet?

as for newer isps doing nat or whatever. the reason is simple. ipv4 ips are in shortage and not many isps are getting ready to move over to ipv6. so they save themselves ips by allocating a single one to multiple users. reliance jio is probably the largest rollout of ipv6 based internet services in india and they should not have this problem as there is no shortage of these ips and i assume static ipv6 ips would also be quite cheap. even free. for example... dreamhost charge like 5-6 dollars per month for a static ip but gives away ipv6 for free!