Disable annoying messages on Idea?

x720

Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
So, with Reliance CDMA's shutdown imminent, I ported one of my numbers to Idea. Now, issue is, if the phone is busy or switched off, the calling party hears messages like, "Your call is waiting, dial XYZ for cricket score" or "This number is switched off, call XYZ now for best offer". Also, at least twice a day, I hear the same message on outgoing calls, before my call actually connects. Any way to get rid of this annoyance?

Reactions: Sushubh

x720

Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Right. So, you're facing the same issue?

They're practically using our numbers for free adverts.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Well. No one ever calls me so I have no idea. My problem is that there is no point reporting spam calls and texts to them. This is a super annoying behavior. Sure native dialer and messenger app both support blocking on Nexus devices... But that is not the solution. :wondering:

x720

Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Spam reporting doesn't work with Vodafone too.

Only Airtel, and to an extent rcom take it seriously.

Once I'd complained against a spam message and within a week got a message that the offending number has been disconnected. Can't remember the operator though.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Yup. Airtel did that when I was on them. Vodafone calls you on every report. Idea too started calling which is when I stopped reporting.

Reactions: x720

x720

Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Idea Customer Support is a nightmare. I'd complained regarding pre-call alerts, they claimed to have deactivated the same, but had not. So, I complained to Appellate, Appellate replied that pre-call alerts are not active and there's nothing to be done about it. I then complained to PGPortal, got a call the next day, assuring that the alerts will be deactivated. Sure, next day my complaint was closed with the revert that there are no such alerts active on my number, which is why nothing can be done.

What an utterly useless company. RCOM is way better than these jokers.

Reactions: Sushubh