Problem with configuration

was the modem configured properly??? i mean were u able to connect to internet at least once??? or u're yet to do the settings???

if the ADSL is blinking that means it's not connected and i believe it has something to do with the configurations only...

and if u're just worried about this error message, then don't...just close this window and open another one and u should be able to access http://192.168.1.1

I m sure i configured it correctly.I ve done exactly wht u said.Still it shows 'Restarting the device 'It does not show me 'Saved changes and Restarted' as shown in the manual.How u ve activated ur device??The MTNL guys ve given me some password. Dont know wht it is used for??

well i think u are facing the problem agni told us aboutthere's a firmware problem with this router it can occur when ever u change ur settings and reboot the router.my suggestion is that u go through the manual and see if u can get some mtnl guys to help {which i think would be off avail as they are morons }if nothing helps get ur router replaced

well, i'm confused here...u didn't reply to my questions...were u able to connect to internet at least once since those MTNL guys installed it???what i basically want to know is have the first time configurations done???the modem doesn't come with all the configurations needed for a particular ISP...u (or MTNL, whoever) need to first configure it to connect to their network...so was it working fine earlier and now giving u trouble or u never connected to the internet on the first place???

Yes Guarav, i think i ve changed the settings.Is tht a serious problem?
But actually I was not getting the'Saved changes ' button and was getting the above problem as shown

The MTNL guys didn't install the router...they just told me how to connect it.
I never connected to the Internet.I was only able to access http://192.168.1.1 page. Today, I ve gone to MTNL exchange and got to know that you didn't even need to access tht page.The MTNL guys told me tht they themselves ve done this(rebooting part as in manual) and you need to only connect it properly.
I also told them tht ADSL link led is blinking ..tommorow they 'll be coming to c the problem.
I 'll updating on this tommorow.

Yes its not necessary to configure the mdoem through http://192.168.1.1 .This is only done when you want an ALWAYS ON connection..helps u get rid of dialing every time u log into windows.

The route the BSNL/MTNL people take is they use the windows dialer to get connected. The username and password are provdied and you ahve to enter the same in the dialer and in the number field enter the number 0 and dial. If you are lucky you will connected at the first instant or else u will get the error# 678 for which u need to redial until u get connected.

i seriously doubt if u can really connect without doing any configurations in the modem...still i'm not an expert, u're better off 🙂and if u still want to configure the modem (and u live in Delhi) tell me, i can give u my settings and u can see if u are able to connect that way...