• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 33,034

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
hey all..Filled out the form on monday and submitted..wednesday evening i get my DSL NU..just tested it..giving me around 24KBps..will test at night and see how it goes..too afraid to use it during the day 🙂 heheIm downloading Wingate and trying to fuse my Incable 64kbps and MTNL 256kbps connections..That way at nights i can achive extra 8KBps speed..IVe got two ethernet cards so it should work..on bittorrent and limewire..lets see..Will keep everyone posted

welcome to the club dude!!! 😀my speeds average at 25 kBps...seems it's the same with all TriBand users...would like to see someone getting more than this...

hehe thanks dude 🙂me just fused me incable and mtnl and am getting 33-35k/s on downloads 😀I've another MTNL landline at home..will order another DSL NU and get 50k/s at nites 😀 hehehere's a screenshot

Originally posted by muttster`@Jun 22 2005, 08:29 PM
hehe thanks dude 🙂
me just fused me incable and mtnl and am getting 33-35k/s on downloads 😀
[snapback]13474[/snapback]
[/quote]

How do u fuse 2 connections together? can it speed up downloading of a single large file? wat abt surfing speed, does that get increased as well?

You cannot increase normal surfing speed..only things which can have more than 1 connection..like in a download accelerator..you can take full advantage of it..or even in limewire and bittorrent..I read it on another site..not sure if i can post it here..check your PM

man, that's really cool!!!so can i fuse my USB (MTNL) and Ethernet (Sify) ports as well???though my USB port is not very stable and gets disconnected quite often 🙁does anyone have any solution for that??? 🤔if it gets into place, then i can also achieve around 40 kBps... 25 (MTNL) + 15 (Sify) 😀

Thanks man ! i tried doing the same during dial up days using two modems but it didnt work.This NU plan from MTNL is good but the problem is that a person has to stay awake till 12 to switch on the CPE. He cant just schedule the download to start after 12 thru software - somebody got a huge bill when he did that , i think it was coolbuddy.BTW, what is this safe custody charge mentioned on MTNL's website for all its ADSL plans ?Those speeds that u ppl are reporting for NU are quite less. U are losing out on complete 56 kbps. What do u attribute it to ? - Inferior quality of telephone lines ? The ADSL technology implemented by MTNL ? or distance from exchange ?

no problems dude!I was getting around 27-28k/s at nite from MTNL..We don't get full speeds because MTNL has synced us at 256kbps..and I think since its ADSL around 10% is lost in transmission..they should really sync us at more than 256kbps..like Verizon in USA sync its 3mbps customers at 3300 instead of 3000..The inferior quality phone lines and distance from exchange should come into play if we try to get higher speeds..256kbps is too less for ADSL2+ anyway..Waking up after 12 is a pain as you mentioned and I think at MTNLs mumbai website it isnt even mentioned that we should switch on CPE after 12 and shut it off before 8..maybe its not required in mumbai..but who can take a chance..They should really extend the 12 to 8 plan..should be 10pm to 8am..

ADSL 2+ can hold upto 8 mbps according to what I know, technology comes late to India but its always more advanced. Most places in the US are yet on adsl 1 technology.

@cyberwiz...well, that online bill was wrong...read the same thread (I'm screwed!) and u'll find more information at the end...i totally agree with muttster on the speed thing...and the most important thing i found out was yesterday...it was...The splitter provided shall be connected at the main tapping point of 2-wire Tel cable of MTNL. Additional Extension/Phone if any shall be connected only after splitter.means, nothing before the splitter (modem) in the line from exchange...earlier i was splitting it at that point only...one line to modem and one to phone...today i rectified it and could reach upto 30 kBps...and it's already mentioned we do have that loss...Internet protocols add extra bits which are around 10 to 15%. Hence actual speed obtained is 10 to 15% higher than what you get.🙂

ok, so that means that u can schedule your download manager to start after 12 and finish before 8 without being ripped off and without stayin awake 🙂 wonder if there is any torrent client that allows one to do that. 🤔Ofcourse we have transmission losses on adsl....its only that when u ppl were reporting only 25 KBps ie only 200 Kbps for a 256 kbps line, i thought it was too less. Anything between 28-30 is acceptable.

I wanna know if on Triband u people r gettin constant 25 KBps or like averageSify was giving me 25 KBps too but that was average......speeds wud stay at 32 KBps for most time and then jump to 0 KBPS for few seconds

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Jun 23 2005, 10:54 PM
ok, so that means that u can schedule your download manager to start after 12 and finish before 8 without being ripped off and without stayin awake  🙂

wonder if there is any torrent client that  allows one to do that.  🤔

Ofcourse we have transmission losses on adsl....its only that when u ppl were reporting only 25 KBps ie only 200 Kbps for a 256 kbps line, i thought it was too less. Anything between 28-30 is acceptable.
[snapback]13564[/snapback]
[/quote]
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Then install this plugin

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_deta...=SpeedScheduler

You can then schedule your downloads to begin anytime of the day, and also limit downlaod speeds at particular times.

Please note that since Azureus is java based it is quite high on resources, also do not forget to install java runtime environment before installing Azureus.

@cyberwiz, first of all i would recommend that u follow what they've "fine printed" coz if u don't follow what they've mentioned, then if something goes wrong later on, u're at fault, not them...i said i never got an inflated bill, but i won't vouch on the fact that it really doesn't matter when u start ur modem and shut it down...i've got a proper bill, but i still do make sure that i restart it once at (after) 12 am and once at (before) 8 am...so if u don't wanna follow that, that would be solely ur decision and the outcome ur responsiblity 🙂i do remote rebooting though...sitting at my office, resart the modem at home 😀...but i think u're issue is sleep here, so don't really know how to takcle that problem...🙄 as far as scheduling downloads are concerned, u can use any of the scheduler programs...there are many!!!...just schedule the program to run at a given time and u won't have to worry about the rest...try this to use the windows default scheduler program... go to start\programs\accessories\system tools\schedule tasks and with this you can schedule to run any script, program, or document to be invoked at any time or any interval, every day to once a year, and on events like system boot, user logon, or system idle...pm me if u need more help to schedule programs...🙂@boygr8, the speeds are pretty much constant...like yesterday i downloaded wingate at a speed varying between 29.2 kBps - 29.3 kBps... 😀the speed basically depends on from where u're downloading...as per my personal experience, i've found that u tend to get a kB or two less in P2P programs because of the no. of sources...so i'm happy if i get 25 kBps constant in P2P...