Axis Bank News & Updates

AgentX

The Secret Agent
Regulars
Dec 22, 2007
Chennai
I haven't heard of this before, but my credit card stopped working on PayPal from this morning - and upon calling CC twice (once in the morning and again the evening to confirm!) - they're repeatedly saying the same thing that RBI has placed a block on PayPal and hence Axis Bank is unable to let the transaction to go through.

On each transaction attempt, I get an email from Axis that the transaction is blocked due to security reasons.

Edit : PayPal support tells me to contact MasterCard (the issuer in my case since the bank is pointing fingers at PayPal) and unfortunately not helpful. Who am I supposed to contact?

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
nothing on news. and if this was indeed true, it would have made a lot of news. paypal despite all the restrictions placed by rbi is still very popular amongst indian freelancing community. seems like nonsense on part of axis bank.

AgentX

The Secret Agent
Regulars
Dec 22, 2007
Chennai
The same thing happened with Uber a couple of years ago and they quoted the very same reason - I just couldn't use them any more directly without another third party payment gateway (like PayPal) in between - even for international transactions.

Now I'm supposed to contact MasterCard? This is BS.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am pretty sure paypal does not work on uber india. unless you have an international credit card (not issued in india).

AgentX

The Secret Agent
Regulars
Dec 22, 2007
Chennai
It's issued in India only - and it's not about Uber anymore, I should be clear. I'm trying to pay server/service providers via PayPal just like the entire world does so, as a payment merchant.

Edit : Automated payments setup already on PayPal are going through? WTF lol.

Last edited:

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
email them the prob. CC is giving BS reason.

AgentX

The Secret Agent
Regulars
Dec 22, 2007
Chennai
Forwarded my case to the nodal team and got the same response - they're also refusing to send me the copy of said order. PayPal on the other hand isn't helpful either - they just want me to try a different card or use a different gateway.

What else can a consumer do? Am I really the only one targeted for this BS?

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
Cancel the card and get a citi one. I am one satisfied citi credit card user. Excellent customer care & card features.