• Thread starter Thread starter KARTHIKEYAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,733

KARTHIKEYAN

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL
DTH viewers subscribing to the Tata Sky platform may not be able to watch the channels from the Zee TV bouquet after July 28. The reason is that Tata Sky has an outstanding bill of Rs 9 crore. Can anyone know the status for the same. If zee channels are blocked out of tatasky then wat we have to do infuture to get for those channels. I think before blocking all the zee channels tatasky is adding all crap air channels i hope. kindly let me know wat is the final statsu of tatasky.

Its right that zee channels are not available for Tata Sky after 28th july because i seen it on TDSAT site as well and till know the matter has not being resolved. tata sky has not paid that amout to dish tv.

It is only a financial and technical matter. Tata Sky has to pay zee tv for the period when it showed all the zee channels (even though it was forced to do so). They may pay and close the issue or refuse to pay and appeal. If zee blocks its channels, tatasky may do the same and block star channels. We will have a situation similar to the one we had in the early mobile era, when bsnl refused to route the calls through its network till the interconnect agreement was put in place. Both are in fatal embrace and cannot afford to loosen the ties.

It is only a financial and technical matter. Tata Sky has to pay zee tv for the period when it showed all the zee channels (even though it was forced to do so). They may pay and close the issue or refuse to pay and appeal. If zee blocks its channels, tatasky may do the same and block star channels. We will have a situation similar to the one we had in the early mobile era, when bsnl refused to route the calls through its network till the interconnect agreement was put in place. Both are in fatal embrace and cannot afford to loosen the ties.
Dear Tech_enthu,
Its not the matter, As per TDSAT statement tatasky has to 9 cr to dish tv failing which dishtv has rights to block all zee channels from tata sky. and about blocking of Star channels, Tata sky cannot do this because dish tv is using there full bouquet of channels and paying them money as per decided by government rules.

well..star cant block channels as they dont have valid reason..otherwise implications wud lead to heavy penalty. zee has strong case to block channels.

that's right i agree with amish, Star can not stop their feed to dish tv with any strong and valid reasons. This must be a worry for Tata Sky guyz.

if Tata Sky doesnt intend to make payments, they will have to come up with some clause in agreement with which they can go to court and ask court to ask zee to continue feed till the matter is resolved in court.

Great news, I hope they use the bandwidth saved by removing Zee channels to start some channels worth watching.

Today is 29th still we are getting the zee channels i think Tata Sky should have paid the dues otherwise they should have taken off the signal by now

Great news, I hope they use the bandwidth saved by removing Zee channels to start some channels worth watching.

The gap in the viewer rating points between star and zee has reduced after SRK took over KBC. Star has lost about 100 from 450 and zee has gained to reach 300. There will be violent reaction if zee is dropped.

In the current condition Dishtv is well ahead over Tata Sky.Tatasky has not much channels as Dishtv has.It will creat decrease in the number of subscribers,if Tatasky deprives from ZEE.

i am sure zee tv wud be raring to switch off zee channels from Tata Sky for ANY legal excuse they can get because that surely wud hit tatasky marketing heavily and wud be a sixer for zee's dish tv.not wanting that to happen but i am interested in knowing viewer reactions if zee goes off tatasky.