HAHA - BSNL discussion at MIT.gov.in LOL

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
In US one pays about Rs 2500 per month for electricity bill and about Rs 1500 per month minimum for this kinda broadband connection.[/b]

well, i'm ready to pay both those bills of electricity and internet, if i get unlimited usage in it's true sense...

right now, i have to think twice before turning on the AC :( and same with browsing between 8 am and 12 midnight...

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it is so hot in here in gurgaon that without ac i cannot work on the computer and without computer i cannot work... so it goes together making me work harder every moment to cover up the expenses...

sukhen

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 22 2005, 07:36 AM
well, i'm ready to pay both those bills of electricity and internet, if i get unlimited usage in it's true sense...

right now, i have to think twice before turning on the AC :( and same with browsing between 8 am and 12 midnight...
[snapback]13430[/snapback]
[/quote]

The electricity and the other charges mentioned there are in US standards - it's practically just nothing - say $55 on electricity bill or $35 on others - who cares? In India, it matters. In US, cost of labor or other admin is much higher but I feel somehow we are robbed here.

As far as BSNL is concerned, I continually face problem of disconnection. I sometimes get totally frustrated and feel aren't there at all good engineers with BSNL? Are all good guys leaving for offshore? I am saying it as in this forum I am not hearing anything good about any of the broadband service providers. Aren't there any reliable broadband service provider in India?

- Sukhen

puja399

Regular
Regulars
Feb 19, 2005
You should not measure doller rates by multiplying the exchange rate @ Rs.50 per doller. You should compare the purchasing power of people having the same strata in the society.

BSNL_CMD

Regular
Regulars
Jun 26, 2005
Puja - A coke in most countries costs close to a Dollar but that does not make it cheap the way you are looking at the BB rates there.