• Thread starter Thread starter dragonball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 14,058

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
goodevening friends, i have 2001Honda activa. My problem is that it doesnt start till 5-6tries neither by starter nor by kick. I had it serviced many times.I talked to service center, he said that he has filled water in battery and will work fine in few days. But it doesnt.I want to know what is the problem? Is some wire loose or battery gone or what?(I had changed some time back my battery but same problem exists)(I curse this scooter when i m stuck in traffic because then i have to put it on stand and then try 5-6 kick starts all in mid of heavy traffic..what a sure way to get killed on road.) Please advise.-thanks

go to the manager at the honda dealership in ur town. tell him the problem. tell him if the problem is not solved... you would go to the consumer courts and the company's headquarters. if that does not help... shoot some mails to auto magazines. shoot some to the hmsi... and consider filing a case. a notice should be enough to get them to repair the scooter properly.

goodevening friends,

i have 2001Honda activa. My problem is that it doesnt start till 5-6tries neither by starter nor by kick. I had it serviced many times.
I talked to service center, he said that he has filled water in battery and will work fine in few days. But it doesnt.

I want to know what is the problem? Is some wire loose or battery gone or what?(I had changed some time back my battery but same problem exists)

(I curse this scooter when i m stuck in traffic because then i have to put it on stand and then try 5-6 kick starts all in mid of heavy traffic..what a sure way to get killed on road.)

Please advise.
-thanks
-------------
I too have same experience with Activa. When battery start works, kick mode is not reliable and vice-versa! I am unable to get list aothorized service centers in chennai ( I bought it in Hyderabad in Dec 2003 and brought it to chennai in April 2007) The original battery dried out in Aug 2007. The replacement battery has again dried out now! In chennai I have been giving for servicing to one authorized agent in West Mambalam. Now I want to try another agent in chennai.

regards

uppili,r

^^ me too got its batteru changed, Again. I'll see how it works now. Do reply your new experiences 😗

:wall:I also had similar problem for quite sometime. Especially after some rains. Some of my friends advised m:rofl::rofl:e that kick start is good for battery. So if i am starting in the morning, i should use kick start. So i didnt bother much when the auto start failed. But later even the horn and indicators started failing.After sometimes the kicker used to get stuck somewhere. The problem with kicker stuckup is that you can to only push the vehicle (100+ kgs) to nearest service point. This happened few times and unfortunately at different locations and hence i had to go to different mechanics. First guy said it is piston jam due to low engine oil and charged me Rs.1400. Other times people including my regular mechanic charged me 200-500 saying some damaged part in kicker or other. I used to ask my mechanic regularly to make the autostart work and so the damage on kicker will be less. The last time he told me, he doesnt want to increase my cost. Again last week the kicker got stuck and i went to another road side mechanic. He opened the vehicle and showed me a spare part which is damaged. He told me that it seems recently no spare is changed around the kicker. And when i asked him to ready the battery he obliged and said it will cost Rs.30. As usual he said he changed some other parts and charged around Rs. 500. But the moral of the story is 'Wear and tear due to regular usage (and heavy kicking in winter) for mechanical parts cost around Rs.5000 which could have been avoided if battery has been charged in the first place'. PS: I didnt approach the local honda activa service station or the nearby castrol outlets because my experience with them is not very encouraging. But i feel it might have been better if i had approached them when changing spares as the prices of spares are fixed with them. :rofl:

Thanks for digging up 'gade murdey'My problem has not been corrected, infact it has become worse. New battery and it still doesnt start with button. Wonder what is wrong. Mechanics from 3 cities are not able to solve the problem!!:madness:And honda service centre, pathetic. I would give it 0 out of 5 stars.

yeap. honda service stations are gaining a terrible reputation. incidentally, if what i have heard is correct. the honda dealerships were delivered through the ex-CM's office at least here in haryana. 😀 you had to pay an extra fee to the CM Office before Honda could appoint you as their dealer.