Netflix ISP Speed Index

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 11,166
Well, that's a damn shame :/
I'm on Skylake with no plans of upgrading soon.

i thought edge on that processor was only a limitation for browser. you can always download the netflix app for windows 10 from windows store and it does not have the same restriction.

something about netflix on edge. it does not even let you take screenshots of netflix videos if you find something witty to share on twitter or elsewhere. you get a black window instead.

Confirmed! I'm able to choose higher bit rate on Windows Store app. Thanks a lot Sushubh 🙂
And I couldn't take screenshots as well. That must be the DRM.

7Hgjq5v.png

yup. windows app also block screenshots and screen recordings. you can do that on chrome and firefox. i am guessing chrome would lose this ability too once they enable the tech/drm required by netflix for higher quality streaming.

Excitel does not have a large customer base. Tikona is much older and probably has a lot more customers. Airtel no longer restrict customers by speeds even though bandwidth is restrictive so they do better than bsnl and other dsl based companies. It is still confusing that bigger private players offering fiber based services like act are not above them considering airtel is averaging at around 2.5mbps.

and yes spectranet should have been above airtel. not sure how netflix comes at the final figure. spectranet should still have average speed above airtel!

well i am guessing not everyone in japan is connected at gigabit speeds 😛 i mean speedtest.net named airtel the fastest network in india but since it's for mobile i think so i guess that makes more sense.

The top 2 are connected through fibre only. So don't think it's likely they don't have HD level bandwidth? I guess doing speedtest or direct download from overseas servers is better measure at least

another thing to remember... people are unlikely to be downloading at uhd quality speeds on their mobile devices. so netflix might be consuming data at lower speeds. i mean i have rarely seen netflix consuming more than 4-5mbps on my PC. it does not mean that my connection is 4-5mbps!