Sify Antivirus Trend Micro: Bypassing method

• Thread starter Thread starter Bubu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 13,244

Bubu

ISP
Sify
Pity that Sify does not recognize most of the popular antivirus softwares like nod32, kaspersky etc, and says that no licensed antivirus is found even if there is already present.😛

Today i discovered a workaround.

Just copy paste the following into a text file and rename it to xyz.reg extension, then just run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillin]

Thats it 🙂

You made my day friend.Thanks man, I've been looking for it since I started using Sify.Now I can use AVGWOWThanks again.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i just install the old antivirus that they were offering . that mcaffee onethen disable antivirus startup files using msconfig and it does the same work 🙂

i just install the old antivirus that they were offering . that mcaffee one

then disable antivirus startup files using msconfig and it does the same work 🙂

But I think Registry tweak is a better way.
You don't have to install any AntiVirus in the first place.:thumbsup:

its related to your thread to sify office client bypassing trick.i had already installed it and tried removin it but at the next login,the sify client wont allow me to login untill i install that client again,so i did!now i have done your registry tweak.can i uninstall the office client now without fearing that i might have problem login in next time??

I think you can uninstall anything anytime, can't you?For less confusion,The tweak enables you to install the sify client without installing their antivirus package. You can install your favorite one!What I follow after every clean install of xp (!) is :1) Run the tweak.1) Change the IP, gateway, etc, configurations.2) Install sify client (i have already downloaded it).That's it.

God, why don't people read my post? All it takes to avoid the Trend Micro AV is to call up sify and ask them to disassociate the AV from your account. That is all. It will never bother you ever again, even after a zillion reinstalls of their client.

God, why don't people read my post?

All it takes to avoid the Trend Micro AV is to call up sify and ask them to disassociate the AV from your account. That is all. It will never bother you ever again, even after a zillion reinstalls of their client.
zoolander,my friend!dont get all cranky man!😛i read your post and called the CC but to no avail.first they couldnt understand what i was sayin even if i talked in hindi and english(god knows why they are still called customer care when they dont care what language the customers are comfortable with.it was a mallu talkin in mallish=malayalam+english)😗
so i guessed it is not worth talkin to these guys.jus another way of wastin my cell balance.you mite hav been lucky to get hold of CC guy who ACTUALLY understood u.thats why i always turn for the guys on this forum to solve my tech querries.thats it-nothin personal............🙂

Just call customer care & tell them to disable anti virus on your ip.They will do it.

Thanks a lot my friend! Although i am able to use Kaspersky AV 6 with Sify Client without any problems for over a year, but my friends' AVs are not working with Sify Client. So thanks from them too! 🙂

frnds I have left Sify for good after getting fed up of their speed . But I am not able to remove the use less trend micro antivirus. When I try to un install it , it asks for some password. The same happens when I right click on system tray to Unload it .. Anyone having any idea as to how to un install it ? any help wud be appreciated

i downloaded f=secure antivirus for vista from sify website... it says its evaluation copy and will expire in 1 month? does sify give trial antivirus pakages?