Passport Address Change

• Thread starter Thread starter tech_help
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3,735
Anyone knows the format of NOC from Landlord to use Present Address as Permanent Address for passport.

Try obtaining the NOC from the passport office. Or get a tout. Pay him in old notes 😛

So I have applied for a passport renewal before the existing one's expiration.

In the form I have added first floor in the address field, however all my documents mention the address without the floor number. I didn't think about it while applying and now I can't edit the form. I mean, there's no issue if they exclude the floor number. I have developed this habit of mentioning it to make the courier delivery easier. What to do? 😕

Would it matter? My address on passport and Aadhar card is slightly different (name of road in one and not in another). Never had any issues.

Existing passport has the address without Floor number, the form I’ve filled has it. So I was wondering if they would create an issue. I hope they don’t 🤷

As long as police verification doesn't raise anything, I don't think they will bother.

When you will go to psk, most likely on counter A they will edit this. Not a big deal.
Or else they will let it pass through. But in both the cases, nothing to worry about. Application won't be rejected on that.

Iirc if the passport is renewed before its expiration police verification isn’t initiated. Let’s see.

So I’ll ask them to remove the floor number. And leave it as it was before 🤷

CHxoqXU.png

I don't understand why the application requires police verification as there's no change in the details of the passport. What this means is, I will have to shell out money to the police as well now.

What I also noticed is that there was no appointment available for normal applications on the portal for a month, however there was not a single candidate for normal application at the RK Puram office. Seems like they have created a money minting scheme by not offering normal application slots in the first place which leaves no option for the applicant, but to pay extra for Tatkal.

I renewed my passport opted for talkal but at the centre they said talkal not available and I paid only for the normal application but I got my passport next day