Only scene I liked in trailer was where he is holding two huge container / ship like thing by his web.

Something similar to train scene of first spider man and also that bridge scene of 2nd spider man

Ironman + Spiderman was a simple business deal.. Sony got Ironman in return for allowing Spiderman to appear in the Avengers. And they just wrote a plot around it. What easy way than to choose one of the most popular Avenger...

Spider-Man doesn't have any major superpower. Agility, improved senses and ability to climb walls. Rest of it is gadgetry. And Tony Stark is helping with gadgetry. Without gadgets he can only defend himself by jumping around. And everyone needs a trainer. Even gifted students. And in most cases teachers of gifted students are not gifted themselves. They just show the path and rest is on the student. Stark is just helping him out. He is not overshadowing him. He is arrogant but in case of Spider-Man he is mentoring not showing his superiority.

I am not sure if super strength is officially a super power of Spider-Man because he would need that for the scenes involving the bridge.

i am also quite happy that they are doing the spider man differently this time around. we have already had two movies where spider man gets bitten by a radioactive spider and is completely on his own to discover his powers and create the tools and the suit himself. rather hard to imagine for a college going kid living with his grandmother. this storyline is kind of more realistic as he is being helped by stark who has the resources to provide him with the gadgetry and the training to handle his powers properly. sure there might be scenes of iron man helping him out with the primary villain but in the end it is a spider man movie and iron man just adds to the value of the movie. also kind of fixes the issue of individual superhero movies these days when you wonder why is this guy fighting the bad guy alone when avengers exist in the world.

i mean on shield this month, they have been taking on a major villain who has the ability to create weapons out of thin air. but no one from avengers come to save the day. shield is on its own with their own superheroes. some of which have pretty amazing super powers.

kdwsxr.jpg

it is of course clear that he cares deeply for the kid. but he does not show it. because he knows it is a tough world out there. he is not here to babysit him. he wants to make him ready for the bigger problems in the world. i mean thanos is coming... they need all the help they can get.

Source

i am actually not a big fan of the actor playing spiderman so it's nice that robert would be part of the movie. he has not been funny in the last couple of movies (iron man 3 or avengers 2 or civil war)... so seeing him back as his usual self is great.