SMS over wifi app

Not all my contacts have Whatsapp or Telegram apps installed. Some of my contacts don't have a smartphone, so SMS is the only way to reach them :-(.

There is no concept of a reply-to in SMS as far as I know. I don't know how many of the solutions are one-way only or two-way (i.e. if the sender is able to reply back or not).

The proper way to do this would be with IP Multimedia Subsystem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . In this way the receiver will see the SMS as coming from your number too so there's no need of reply-to. BSNL provides IMS services in a few select places which have IMS exchanges (some of them in Thiruvananthapuram) and Jio uses this extensively. If you are able to get a Jio number then it should be very easy for you to send SMS from abroad at local rates. Check if Jio users are able to send SMS from their Jio number from a phone without a Jio SIM.

There is one issue I have with Way2SMS is that some of my contacts never receive my SMS because they have some sort of blocking enabled on their phones (especially for these type of ad-oriented SMS delivery). This is a tough one to solve. I am going to try Hike, but from what I am reading on their review site, free SMS is not part of the Hike messenger.