Advise on internet providers and plans for Pune (Navi Peth area)

• Thread starter Thread starter happyindian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,563
I am looking for advice on which internet service providers to use for unlimited internet plans in the Navi Peth area. I am comfortable with paying roughly 1500/month; can anyone suggest something that will best suit my needs? I do not mind paying yearly due upfront to ensure I get a better rate.

I also need help with the hardware required; recommendations on modem and router that I should buy or if any providers give those for free as a signup bonus that would be great.

Thanks,

HI

Hello guys, any advise?

Have you checked for availability among various providers ? Inquire with neighbors living in the same area to see who overs reliable and good services then decide on which plan you like. If there is an local cable ISP provider check that too they usually have cheap and reliable plans. Some providers in Pune BSNL,Reliance,Airtel,Tata docomo,Tikona,YOU, Hathway,Idea and there are tons of local ones.

Tikona is pretty good there..I had a good experience with Tikona for about a year and a half there..

Tikona is more reliable than Hathaway..

idea broadband is also available in pune.

Last edited:
Just an update; Hathway, You, Tikona and few other local ISP providers do not offer service in the are I live in. If anyone knows about a company that does provide service please let me know. The house is located near Vaikunth Smashanbhumi.

Thanks!

Did you check with bsnl ? Also airtel, reliance, idea and Tata docomo are there . BSNL should be there but check other options i mentioned too if not already. There should be a local service provider too. Enquire at a internet cafe near you.

Guys I had applied for You Broadband online and looks like I might get lucky, still need to confirm by taking to someone over the phone.

If I do happen to get You broadband connection can you guys suggest me good modem and router options? The house that 3 storied (G+2) and would like to have good connectivity on all three floors. I am not sure if I need to use repeaters.

Also I do know sometime in future Jio broadband will be live too and I want t buy hardware that will compatible with Jio too so please advise accordingly.

Thanks!

Wait for the YOU connection to go live. The way YOU guys gave me connection required me only installing a router in my home did not need a modem . YOU guys installed one modem on my building terrace and took security deposit for it, also the power for the modem also comes from the home. Earlier it was connected to mine but later was shifted to another flat having YOU connection in the building. Wait for them to finish all that then you can decide.