How To share On LAN(Home User Pan)

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaspal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,153

Jaspal

Hello

Can You please tell me about Home Plan 500/- ,,,can we share it on LAN..Opp.System/ (win98/XP)........i want to get it but they are not able to tell me if it will work with LAN or not at present i am using BSNl Basic Phone on Lan I have D-Link Switch (DES-1008+) recently buyed......and please tell me also may i go for any other modem or use what they are providing!! (BSNL)
i am planing to run a Cafe on it!! so please tell me about it!

sikhcomputer [at] yahoo [dot] com
Thank You

I think it will not be profitable if you run a cafe using the home plan 500.
You do not need ICS etc. to share the connection. Just connect your PCs according to the Multiuser setup diagram topic here.

You can buy the modem from BSNL for 2000/- [ Utstar/Huwaei ]. You have to configure the PCs as DHCP clients and the Modem+Router as DHCP server. Just take a look at the settings here : http://calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb7.html

So far I know, running a Cafe with home plan 500 is not permissble. One has to take one of the commercial plans for that

as i have written that i have a Switch of D-Link and netowerk is working fine here with BSNL Basic Fone line......actually went to BSNL Office and asked them for the information for broadband will it works on LAN (home Plan) they says we don't know any thing about it we will just give you service for single System installation 🙁 .....that is the matter...i don't know it will work or not that why i wrote and also want to know what they will provide me when i will get the connection.....spliter......modem....any help CD.......what else or none of this expect the Modem!i have to connect the Modem to my Switch ...to access the net from Client computerss????? Please ask to your friends or some one who is master in these things or some one who is using it on LAN already ....,,,,,,,,,,,and thank You for that web site of kolkatta BSNl it helped me lot actually i want to check first that its working fine then i will go for Bussiness Plan (1200/-) or more ......but till i am not sure its working for me i think 500/-(ome Plan) will be the best choice for me

Jaspal, u need a master at these things, isn't it ? Here I am. 😀And DataOne, our new member, u r welcome here. But u have chosen such an username that people will be confused whether we are talking about broadband or our member. And a request : please don't use bold and colorful text in the post body... 🙁

I have a multiuser setup running on dataone home plan 500. The BSNL staff will perform a line check and supply a modem(with splitter) and setup the connection on a single PC for home connections only if u buy/rent the modem from BSNL. Proceed yourself for the multiuser setup according to the guide. The PCs are clients and the server is the Modem+Router.I didn't like ur PM :angry:

Originally posted by idiot@Jun 19 2005, 11:30 PM
I have a multiuser setup running on dataone home plan 500. The BSNL staff will perform a line check and supply a modem(with splitter) and setup the connection on a single PC for home connections only if u buy/rent the modem from BSNL.
Proceed yourself for the multiuser setup according to the guide. The PCs are clients and the server is the Modem+Router.

I didn't like ur PM :angry:
[snapback]13241[/snapback]
[/quote]

You didn't like the PM or You don't Like some one PM You.....i don't think so i was rude in PM am I?? if so then i am sorry.....thanks for the help you sent in form...about home plan...... 🙂 please tell me some more detail if you have about it
What you wrote is alot to help
Thanks

You can put up ur questions...I have no prob if people PM me. But don't ridicule others...

Hi pplzCarrying this topic further....I have a home plan 500 and have 2 PC's at home (Windows XP). The ADSL router provided by BSNL is Huawei SmartAX MT880 and bought a D-Link DES-1008V Switch.Will the settings given at the link above (Calcutta exchange link) also work for this router (MT880) ?? I am a total dud in networlks...pls help 🙂TIADanny.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jun 22 2005, 09:07 PM
The concept is the same...they should work fine with u too
[snapback]13478[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the response.
Yes i understand the concept is the same....but does MT880 require some different configuration?....is what i meant.

Danny.

Setting for sharing H-500 plan is same for any modem and switch. If there is any diff then it shall be very fine and insignificant.If simultaneously u have 5-6 PCs running ( not just connected ) then the speed will be very slow. Keep this in mind if u intend to silently do commercial work ( Cyber Cafe ).