• Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,512

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is from an official mail from Customer Support.

You are getting varied speeds while using the connection through the day . This will be there as your current package being a shared one on which there is no commited speed. You are getting speeds between 2 kbps to 5 kbps.[/b]

So, taking a shared 48 or 64 kbps could result in 2-3KBps and they would be OK with it as they have not committed on a minimum speed on the shared connections. Pretty darn cool I would say.

Did they mention this on the package pages? I am not sure coz I don't remember seeing that...

This is the best I managed all day long:

:blink: ask them what they mean by a 32 kbps package... doesn't that mean that atleast a speed of 32 speed of 32 kbps is the minimum.... what do you say let us consider taking them to a consumer court.. 2-3 kbps .. sify can kiss my a*se

what speeds are you getting? 🙂 during the day that is. nights are pretty awesome. touch 9KBps sometimes... 😀

in the 600 bucks package? 😱 cool... we should exchange our login ids and see if this related to the IPs we have... 😛

😛 i think the reason you get low speeds is that you're always complaining to sify and so maybe they got fedup of you and turned a switch or something on that gives you low speeds, so that you'll eventually leave sify 😛 :lol:

in that case they are in for a surprise. as i am increasing my online offence against them.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 26 2004, 11:27 PM
in that case they are in for a surprise. as i am increasing my online offence against them.
[snapback]654[/snapback]
[/quote]

India is a big counrty...

in the north they screw peoples butts

and also in teh south they do it.

WHat pleasure this CEO of SICKFY will have... i bet he is laughting his butt off so hard that we, stupid morons as we are, go and pay SICKFY for their piece of junk-service

Gettin rich over peoples back in a counrty that is considered in the west as an developing counrty....

way to go!!!!

i am pretty certain, they wont be laughing for very long. the competition has just begun to hot up.

actually i am pretty happy with the quality of sify.. i am surprised sushubh is not getting the promised speeds because i am.. unlimited internet at 600 bucks per month is pretty good for me.. and with me speed is ont an issue.. i just need an unlimited connection where i can be online all the day downloading whatever i need as long as the web pages open up quickly... all you people from the us, stop complaining about sify, this is NOT the US.. that is a developed country which is say 10 years ahead of india.. same goes for you people from some other country... try using indian dialup and you'll thank your stars that you have Sify

nope. when it comes to IT india is running at a better growth rate than the west. esp when it comes to technology in telecom. india mobile network is one of the most advanced in the world. it takes attitude to provide services, there is no shortage of technology that lets you not serve people properly. if your sify was giving you 2KBps during the day time 😉 and sify people would have told you, it sounds pretty much OK... you would have been complaining too. though not as viciously as KNAK does. 🙂as for 600 bucks is concerned. i believe globally, 20-30 dollars is standard rate for services atleast 5 times faster. So, we are not paying little money as Sify make us believe. it is just unpredictable for the users. some get better speeds and reliable services, some do not.Also would like to add here. It's not that i just have issues with speeds during the day time. Last night i got around 16KBps download speeds which let me take backups of all the sites very easily. its around 4 times the speed I normally should have got. Still, I would say it s*cks for me, considering the new login client logged me out 4 times, and well, atm i am again down to 1.5-2.5 KBps. this cannot be anyways normal network behaviour. so, well it s*cks... and i blame it all on sify without any second thoughts.

i didn't tell you not to complain.. you should with speeds @ 2 Kbps but what i am talking about is about those people who go "Back in the US we got 500 Kbps blah blah blah" .. that kind of bandwidth is not available in India yet in most regions.. wait for 5 years and maybe it will.. India is progressing at a faster rate that western countries.. i don't dispute that.. i shouldn't because i am going to be a computer engineer [hopefully 🙁 ] but right now it is way behind.. about 10 years behind.. the progress rate is better, i agree but the current level is not.. see the difference?

well afaik india got enough bandwidth to cover for the number of people who actually are online. and my point of view on lack of bandwidth is that. if you cannot serve 1000 people than do not take 1000 people. i am not asking for anything that they did not promise. i never had and i never will. 🙂if sify cant give out the speeds that they are promising they would, then it becomes their logistical problem. it does not become a valid excuse that we do not have enough bandwidht to serve everyone... it actually happened with my local CTO in faridabad... I took the connection when there were 150 customers in the entire region. within 10 months, the number rose to 400... the bandwidth remained same. this is something i do not expect to happen with a company that is listed in nasdaq... 🙂

I'm getting a constant 1KB/s for last 2 days. Is it the case with everyone or just me? 🙁

and i thought i was the only 1! dude you are not alone. just try after 10. i get better speeds between 11pm and 9am.