Sify Customer Support: 2 KBps sounds pretty good

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
This is from an official mail from Customer Support.

You are getting varied speeds while using the connection through the day . This will be there as your current package being a shared one on which there is no commited speed. You are getting speeds between 2 kbps to 5 kbps.[/b]

So, taking a shared 48 or 64 kbps could result in 2-3KBps and they would be OK with it as they have not committed on a minimum speed on the shared connections. Pretty darn cool I would say.

Did they mention this on the package pages? I am not sure coz I don't remember seeing that...

This is the best I managed all day long:

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
:blink: ask them what they mean by a 32 kbps package... doesn't that mean that atleast a speed of 32 speed of 32 kbps is the minimum.... what do you say let us consider taking them to a consumer court.. 2-3 kbps .. sify can kiss my a*se

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
what speeds are you getting? :) during the day that is. nights are pretty awesome. touch 9KBps sometimes... :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
in the 600 bucks package? :eek: cool... we should exchange our login ids and see if this related to the IPs we have... :p

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
:p i think the reason you get low speeds is that you're always complaining to sify and so maybe they got fedup of you and turned a switch or something on that gives you low speeds, so that you'll eventually leave sify :p :lol:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
in that case they are in for a surprise. as i am increasing my online offence against them.

knak

Regular
Regulars
Sep 13, 2004
Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 26 2004, 11:27 PM
in that case they are in for a surprise. as i am increasing my online offence against them.
[snapback]654[/snapback]
[/quote]

India is a big counrty...

in the north they screw peoples butts

and also in teh south they do it.

WHat pleasure this CEO of SICKFY will have... i bet he is laughting his butt off so hard that we, stupid morons as we are, go and pay SICKFY for their piece of junk-service

Gettin rich over peoples back in a counrty that is considered in the west as an developing counrty....

way to go!!!!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am pretty certain, they wont be laughing for very long. the competition has just begun to hot up.

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
actually i am pretty happy with the quality of sify.. i am surprised sushubh is not getting the promised speeds because i am.. unlimited internet at 600 bucks per month is pretty good for me.. and with me speed is ont an issue.. i just need an unlimited connection where i can be online all the day downloading whatever i need as long as the web pages open up quickly... all you people from the us, stop complaining about sify, this is NOT the US.. that is a developed country which is say 10 years ahead of india.. same goes for you people from some other country... try using indian dialup and you'll thank your stars that you have Sify