• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 11,547
Status
Not open for further replies.

s_parkhi

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Recently, I opted for WorldSpace Satellite Radio and its too good. Its a paid service @Rs.1000 for 6 months and RS.1800 for 1 year. But is definitely worth of it and value for money. It has over 40 premium radio channels. There are dedicated channels for Hindi Old songs, new Hindi, Gazals, classical music, regional channels like Marathi, Tamil etc., CNN-IBN, CNBC, BBC, CNN International, and a lot of English music channels.In short, there is a Channel for every music lover for every type of music.I have requested moderators to start the new forum for that.

I have been using WorldSpace now for over 7 years! All those channels were till a few years back for FREE!! and fun, now its paid, boring and repetitive programming in my opinion. I find shoutcast(net Radio) far better than it now.

The problem with Worldspace is that it's working on old technology. In the States for satellite radio one can get a unit that detaches and fits in your car stereo as well as your home stereo (and this I saw something like 3 -4 years ago!!) - if they had got that here, then things would have been much better for all. Unfortunately as it exists, you have to install a stupid antenna outside and connect your player to it. Terrible.

For example, see the Sirius S50 radio.

Is there no Satellite Radio other than Worldspace where one can receive free radio channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.