Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This has been happening with me for a few days now. Too much packet loss starting at around 7-8pm. Stays like that till around midnight. And all of a sudden becomes great.

Here is a screenshot of pings to Google at the exact moment (12:40am) when it automagically became ok:

jJUp3ev.png

Anyone else noticing such a behavior?

Yeah, it's the same for me.

Today it's crawling at this time as well.

last few days have been better. there is packet loss during 9-12pm but internet is usable. few days ago, it was essentially useless.

i am checking if airtel can get me 8mbps at my phone. might end up getting the 500GB plan they are offering in some cities. Hopefully it's available in Gurgaon too.

@Gurugarmee Bro,

Need some info (and advice) about Reliance BB in Sec 10A, Gurgaon.

I was trying to get Airtel BB for last one month or so, but their DP in my area if full (no free lines) so they are unable to provide the connection at the moment.

Should I go for 2 Mbps (for Rs.699/month) Reliance unlimited BB over FTTH? Their sales rep is claiming that they are also offering unlimited local/STD calls to any network (any time of the day too) at no extra cost same as Airtel.

While checking their plans online I did not find anything matching his claim/offer!

Should I go for it or look for something else.

Regards,
Umesh

PS: I have BSNL landline with "One India" plan.

Last edited:
I really have not heard anything about free calls on Reliance landline.
I doubt Reliance is going to be as stable as BSNL. Though your experience with BSNL might be very different from mine.
Since installation costs with Reliance are low, I do not see why it is not worth trying if there are no better alternatives. Though I have heard that getting your connection disconnected could be quite a hassle.

Getting 2 Mbps flat speed in 675rs combo plan in Bsnl due to some issue from last 1 week.🙂

@Gurugarmee,

Thank you for real quick response.

"... getting your connection disconnected could be quite a hassle.", is this for BSNL or Reliance?
BTW, are you using Reliance BB (FTTH) at present? if yes then how is it's speed & stability?

I will try to get the 'promised benefits' documented from Reliance if I go with their service. 😛

Best,
Umesh

applies to both to be honest. bsnl would drag you to their exchange. and then you would struggle to get your deposit back. mine took 3-4 months and multiple visits. i haven't disconnected reliance yet so no idea how painful it is going to be.

i am not using ftth. i have no experience with reliance (or airtel or bsnl) ftth. i have a regular dsl based reliance broadband connection. i barely get 3.2mbps on the 4mbps plan.

applies to both to be honest. bsnl would drag you to their exchange. and then you would struggle to get your deposit back. mine took 3-4 months and multiple visits. i haven't disconnected reliance yet so no idea how painful it is going to be.

Fair enough, I will consider all the points you've advised and work out on both ISP's offerings.

Best,
Umesh

@Gurugarmee Bro,

Need some info (and advice) about Reliance BB in Sec 10A, Gurgaon.

I was trying to get Airtel BB for last one month or so, but their DP in my area if full (no free lines) so they are unable to provide the connection at the moment.

Should I go for 2 Mbps (for Rs.699/month) Reliance unlimited BB over FTTH? Their sales rep is claiming that they are also offering unlimited local/STD calls to any network (any time of the day too) at no extra cost same as Airtel.

While checking their plans online I did not find anything matching his claim/offer!

Should I go for it or look for something else.

Regards,
Umesh

PS: I have BSNL landline with "One India" plan.

I have reliance bb connection here in Sector 10A, it's not stable and for past few days I am getting regular downtimes, I have to call CC daily to complaint. Only take reliance connection if you have other backup isp.

@ashish0417,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.
Can you please confirm, if you are on FTTH or ADSL link?

I am residing near Meenakshi Public School (Sec 10A); are you nearby this address?
I am bit skeptical about going with reliance ADSL but might think about FTTH I would like to have a word with you over phone if you feel comfortable.

Regards,
Umesh

@ashish0417 @Gurugarmee

Sales guy has reconfirmed that it will be a FTTH link with all the benefits he has mentioned so far. Reliance has come up with new plans from 1st May 2016 which they are yet to publish on their website.

Check out the flyers they have been dropping these days.

20160517%20(1).jpg

20160517.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.