MTNL (General) MTNL Broadband refuse to provide any information regarding deal with Abeer Media

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Questions asked:

1. Please provide a copy of an order/circular where it was decided to deliver service messages and ads through browser popups on broadband connections.
  2. Technology used for message-injection on user’s browser.
  3. Provider of above technology.
  4. Copy of the agreement signed with company providing said technology.
  5. Name of the company operating this system on behalf of MTNL and charges paid for that. In case it is on the basis of revenue sharing arrangement, copy of that agreement may be provided.
  6. Number of ads that have been delivered through this platform.
  7. Revenue generated through the ads on this platform.
  8. Details of user data collected through this technology.
  9. Details on parties who have access this data.

nrXYhdL.jpg

Last edited:
Whats so confidential about it 🙄.

Consulting with a lawyer dealing with IP and trademark lawsuits to get details on whether any of the information I asked for is covered in the section used as an excuse by MTNL. Would file an appeal once I get all the data collected.

However the problem remains. Even if my appeal is accepted, I would need to travel to Delhi as per MTNL guy's schedule. And this is not something that amuses me considering dad would not be accompanying me to this meeting.

Wow excellent work by Sushubh! On the spot questions.

Hope you do not give up midway.

Without any relevant laws, there is very little this RTI can accomplish. My only goal was to get MTNL to admit that they are injecting ads and making money from it and they cleverly denied me that information. Once they admit that the technology provider is Abeer Media, I can quote the website and highlight the problem with the technology in a complaint letter to TRAI. Hopefully they do not remove the text from Adphonso's homepage 😛