MTNL Broadband is injecting ads in incoming mails on @mtnl.net.in

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,446
Incoming mails?

Going to Safentrix site --- Latest news is of year 2010!!

And they also claim to be "Best" email security service.

Copyright on that website is of 2009!!

Incoming mails?

Yes if u have MTNL email id (blahblah@mtnl.net.in) and someone sends email to that ID, then they insert that advertisement in INCOMING E-MAIL!

OH WAIT!!!

Its sending that advertisement in out going e-mails too!!! i.e. if u send email from @mtnl.net.in

EXCELLENT!

Here is screenshot of mail from MTNL to Gmail. (it added the STOP virus ... advertisement)

gqaFWAG.png

Here is screenshot of email from Gmail to MTNL (again it added advertisement)

h67a3gI.jpg

signature advertisement in outgoing mails has existed since the days of hotmail.
i am more interested in ad injecting in incoming mails 🙂

Yes its advertisement.

If it was signature it shud be pointing to MTNL and not Safentrix!

Perhaps MTNL email server is protected by Safentrix. And it is adding Safentrix in every email message.
Just like AVG antivirus does with email clients.

AVG does at client side so the mail you sent is the mail receiver receives. MTNL is injecting their code on INCOMING MAILS. which means they are tampering with email messages coming from other sources. No one should be allowed to tamper with your incoming mails.

I am sure it will give errors in signed documents. But hey I did not try!

Right. Would be interesting to see if it breaks encrypted mails. Though should not happen if they are just injecting their ad code at the very end at least in case of encrypted mails? Can emails be digitally signed?

Emails can be digitally signed as well as encrypted.

They are not injecting ad code at the end.

Dont know about what they do for signed OR encrypted email but I think they would insert it in first text part which will make break the signing.