MTNL Mumbai New 16 Mbps plans on both ADSL and VDSL

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 15,029
@saifbukhari

If you are not facing any browsing issues, do not change anything.

The speedtest with 1ms ping is a dream come true. Never seen such low ping.

@d5aqoëp @x720 In that case I shall rest my case and not bother MTNL guys. Thanks guys 🙂
Right now connected via Wifi and below is the speed test result. No browsing Issue etc till now.

Again a massive thanks to you all along - much appreciated 🙂

@rohaan yeah if you followour thread and many other here on the forum, it is possible, if you are within 1km range and if required then get the mtnl guys to switch over to SOTL port.

Would be glad to share any details which I have accrued till date.

fCdpHWo.png

Last edited:
@saifbukhari

Good stuff
Here are my modem stats for 16 Mbps ADSL plan

SIYa6aV.png

The connection is stable with 23 hr sessions. The only time the session got interrupted at 13 hrs was due to building maintenance (power was turned off). Tested for more than 1 month now and my modem TP-Link TD8816 V8 is solid.

Rj9Uf6x.png

Here is a speedtest
5338238550.png

@d5aqoëp Thanks mate, yeah those numbers look sick - although I thought you too had VDSL.

One I would really look forward is to buying that modem you mentioned in future, looks bada$$

But anyways, here's my connection history since the upgrade, it lasted to exactly 23 hours also. Kinda like an mtnl feature lolz

WaacB0P.png

At home I have VDSL 10 Mbps and at office I have ADSL 16 Mbps. The above stats are from office connection. The home stats are quite similar and the line conditions are almost similar too. Just that at home, they have put me on 17 Mbps download profile which still works out to be fine. I purposely asked for lower upload profile as all devices at home constantly sync to iCloud and eat up data. The iCloud photo library backup automatically tunrs on after every iOS update. Quite cunning of Apple.

The only solution was to reduce upload speed to 512 kbps. Now I have an evil laugh to see those suckers fail at uploading to Apple servers.

@saifbukhari Well I stay 2.5 Km from exchange. The attainable speeds shown in router D-Link 2750u is 9800 dl and 2500 ul. SNR current 12 dl and 22 ul.

Current speeds on 6 Mbps data rate set at 6911 dl and 511 ul.

Even if I don't get full 10 Mbps, I don't mind it. Getting upload speeds of 2 Mbps will be a lot better.

So even on ADSL opting for VDSL Power 1549 is possible?

What is porting to SOTL? What is the full form?

Any other details I should know about before changing over from BB-1500 6M to VDSL Power 1549?

@rohaan above 1km there is no chance per my personal experience and what I have seen here at forum and via some MTNL line men.

You can try but we are not responsible, also just go in person to the MTNL cust service and meet the engineer and request him to put your connection on SOTL port.

@rohaan sorry for the late reply, I had a chance to sit with the guy at mtnl and ask about it and he said its basically the isp posrt they assign to subscribers, like alcatel, sotl , ericcson. I am sure guys mentioned below would have more insights on the technical aspects to it. I also got help from them only so Thanking them as below:-

@d5aqoëp & @socrates @x720 A big Thanks to all of you for assisting all along.
I finally went all along and bought myself VDSL Modem/Router & I thought to Share my Experience.
Before getting the VDSL modem, I was getting speed 8 to 8.5Mbps Down and 2 mbps Up.

I went to the Exchange and met the DM to request a MTNL modem and to discuss the speed limit issue.

He said he have to assign me a VLAN and then will help me configure the modem but I need to get my Own Modem Router First.

So I bought one from Digisol Smarlink Click Here per my knowledge there is ZyXEL ( costing around 5k approx & TP-Link around 12k approx)

And the above one I got for 4K INR, so thought of taking the risk as the Zyxel was not available at the time of my purchase.

Today Got the router configured with the MTNL official's assistant and touch wood all is fine now. atleast Im getting proper speeds for what Im paying for.

I dont know exactly how to translate the Line stats but here I have posted for your reference and advise / comments if any.

Again a BIG Thanks you to all for the is amazing place to discuss and help.

miHU4m0.png